Counterpartyd Build system: Technical support thread

Hey guys, please post any problems you’re running into with building or installing counterpartyd from source in this thread, and I or another forum member will attempt to help out. Thanks!

[font=Verdana]For problems USING counterpartyd, please go here: [/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,22.0.html[/font]

Hi I had an order for 2248 xcp for 3 btc. I cancelled the offer but the coins were never returned to the wallet

I used the command  ‘[tt]counterpartyd.py cancel --offer-hash=aff5a8d550dec70b6b1497758187d65a2a43733921870bbf5bd25feb311b7e46’[/tt][font=verdana][/font]

[size=1em]I am not a coder, and not surprisingly, my experience installing the Counterparty client Windows 7 machine involved several speed bumps.  [/size]

[size=1em]Anyways, I finally got it to work, and for the benefit of other XCP holders, h[/size][size=1em]ere are a few pointers from my experience:[/size]

size=1em  Challenge in Importing Private Keys.  I did my burning on my blockchain.info account.  So I had to import my private keys from blockchain.info into my BitcoinQt client.  This went pretty smoothly, except when you select Export Unencrypted from within your Blockchain.info wallet, it is crucial that you select the “Bitcoin-Qt Format” option from the “SELECT PRIVATE KEY FORMAT” dialogue box at the top of this page before you copy the private key from below.  If you don’t do this, the default Base 58 option will result in an “Invalid Private Key (Code -5)” error in the Bitcoin-Qt client when you try and perform the >importprivkey “copyandpastetheprivatekeyhere” “name”.[/size]

[size=1em] (2) Setting-up Bitcoin-d.  The initial steps of the set-up, http://counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/SettingUpBitcoind.html, which involved setting-up the Bitcoin.conf file and then, in my case, re-indexing the blockchain, seemed to go OK. No problems.[/size]

(3) Building and Running from Source on Windows - Installing.  These steps were no problem.  I downloaded the 64 bit version of all of the files. Then in the command window I typed the following commands:
[font=incosolata][size=12px]cd C:\ [/size][/font]
[font=incosolata][size=12px]git clone https://github.com/xnova/counterpartyd_build [/size][/font]
[font=incosolata][size=12px]cd counterpartyd_build [/size][/font]
[font=incosolata][size=12px]C:\Python32\python.exe setup.py[/size][/font]
[size=1em]The installation proceeded without any hickups or problems.  It took about 1-2 minutes.  At the end I had to answer one question, ie. "Do you want counterpartyd to open automatically on startup.  I answered “y” and hit enter.  And the process was complete.

(4) Building and Running from Source on Windows - Running.  When I tried to run the C:\Python32\python.exe setup.py command I ended up getting an error related to line 397 and line 400 saying that my rpc-port was missing.  After consulting with xnova he instructed me to go to the AppData / Counterparty folder and open my counterparty.conf file and insert the number “400” beside the rpc-port.  First of all, it was problematic on my Windows 7 machine to find the AppData folder. I went to C:\Users\MyName\ where my AppData folder was supposed to be and couldn’t find it in the list of folders.  Then after Googl’ing a bit for a solution I physically typed in C:\Users\MyName\AppData in my Windows Explorer bar and low-and-behold the AppData folder was there and opened. Once inside the Counterparty folder I was able to open counterparty.conf in WordPad.  There are two instances of the term rpc-port within this counterparty.conf file, and it was the bottom one that needed to be changed to 4000.  Once I made this change and I re-ran the[font=verdana]C:\Python32\python.exe setup.py command it worked without any problems.[/font][/size]

[size=1em][font=verdana]And then … The Moment of Truth!  Once I actually got the [/font][/size][size=small][font=verdana]C:\Python32\python.exe setup.py[/font] [/size][size=1em][font=verdana]command to work it was a continual flow of text on the cmd.exe box, like this:[/font][/size]

[size=1em][font=verdana]Block: 279902[/font][/size]
[font=verdana][size=1em]Block: 279903[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=1em]Block: 279904[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=small]Block: 279905[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=small]Burn: xxxxxxxxxxxx(public address)xxxxxxx burned 0.99 BTC for 1348.7778888 XCP[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=small]Block: 279906[/size][/font][font=verdana][size=small]etc.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=small]It took quite a while, at least an hour or more, for this step to complete … in fact, it is actually still running so I don’t quite know how long it will go on for…!  But it is satisfying to see it chugging away while I type up these notes.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=1em]Good luck to all of you other XCP holders who are trying to set-up Counterpartyd!  [/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=1em]And … Thank you xnova!  Thank you phantom phreak!  Counterpartyd is such an amazing contribution to the Bitcoin ecosystem - I love you guys![/size][/font]

The Windows installer link is broken
http://counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/UsingTheInstaller.html

https://github.com/xnova/counterpartyd_binaries/blob/master/counterpartyd-v0.1-amd64_install.exe?raw=true

Could you please, fix it. With the launch of the product and new buyers coming in, we really need this working.  :slight_smile:

[quote author=Patel link=topic=13.msg28#msg28 date=1391405499]
Hi I had an order for 2248 xcp for 3 btc. I cancelled the offer but the coins were never returned to the wallet

I used the command  ‘[tt]counterpartyd.py cancel --offer-hash=aff5a8d550dec70b6b1497758187d65a2a43733921870bbf5bd25feb311b7e46’[/tt]
[/quote]

I know Phantom is working through any order related issues.

If this is still a problem, please post it over at https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,22.0.html and he can advise.

[quote author=ginko-B link=topic=13.msg29#msg29 date=1391407618]
[size=1em]I am not a coder, and not surprisingly, my experience installing the Counterparty client Windows 7 machine involved several speed bumps.  [/size]

[size=1em]Anyways, I finally got it to work, and for the benefit of other XCP holders, h[/size][size=1em]ere are a few pointers from my experience:[/size]

size=1em  Challenge in Importing Private Keys.  I did my burning on my blockchain.info account.  So I had to import my private keys from blockchain.info into my BitcoinQt client.  This went pretty smoothly, except when you select Export Unencrypted from within your Blockchain.info wallet, it is crucial that you select the “Bitcoin-Qt Format” option from the “SELECT PRIVATE KEY FORMAT” dialogue box at the top of this page before you copy the private key from below.  If you don’t do this, the default Base 58 option will result in an “Invalid Private Key (Code -5)” error in the Bitcoin-Qt client when you try and perform the >importprivkey “copyandpastetheprivatekeyhere” “name”.[/size]

[size=1em] (2) Setting-up Bitcoin-d.  The initial steps of the set-up, http://counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/SettingUpBitcoind.html, which involved setting-up the Bitcoin.conf file and then, in my case, re-indexing the blockchain, seemed to go OK. No problems.[/size]

(3) Building and Running from Source on Windows - Installing.  These steps were no problem.  I downloaded the 64 bit version of all of the files. Then in the command window I typed the following commands:
[font=incosolata][size=12px]git clone https://github.com/xnova/counterpartyd_build [/size][/font]
[size=1em]The installation proceeded without any hickups or problems.  It took about 1-2 minutes.  At the end I had to answer one question, ie. "Do you want counterpartyd to open automatically on startup.  I answered “y” and hit enter.  And the process was complete.

(4) Building and Running from Source on Windows - Running.  When I tried to run the C:\Python32\python.exe setup.py command I ended up getting an error related to line 397 and line 400 saying that my rpc-port was missing.  After consulting with xnova he instructed me to go to the AppData / Counterparty folder and open my counterparty.conf file and insert the number “400” beside the rpc-port.  First of all, it was problematic on my Windows 7 machine to find the AppData folder. I went to C:\Users\MyName\ where my AppData folder was supposed to be and couldn’t find it in the list of folders.  Then after Googl’ing a bit for a solution I physically typed in C:\Users\MyName\AppData in my Windows Explorer bar and low-and-behold the AppData folder was there and opened. Once inside the Counterparty folder I was able to open counterparty.conf in WordPad.  There are two instances of the term rpc-port within this counterparty.conf file, and it was the bottom one that needed to be changed to 4000.  Once I made this change and I re-ran the[font=verdana]C:\Python32\python.exe setup.py command it worked without any problems.[/font][/size]

[size=1em][font=verdana]And then … The Moment of Truth!  Once I actually got the [/font][/size][size=small][font=verdana]C:\Python32\python.exe setup.py[/font] [/size][size=1em][font=verdana]command to work it was a continual flow of text on the cmd.exe box, like this:[/font][/size]

[font=verdana][size=small]Burn: xxxxxxxxxxxx(public address)xxxxxxx burned 0.99 BTC for 1348.7778888 XCP[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=small]Block: 279906[/size][/font][font=verdana][size=small]etc.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=small]It took quite a while, at least an hour or more, for this step to complete … in fact, it is actually still running so I don’t quite know how long it will go on for…!  But it is satisfying to see it chugging away while I type up these notes.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=1em]Good luck to all of you other XCP holders who are trying to set-up Counterpartyd!  [/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=1em]And … Thank you xnova!  Thank you phantom phreak!  Counterpartyd is such an amazing contribution to the Bitcoin ecosystem - I love you guys![/size][/font]
[/quote]

Thank you for your feedback here! Regarding point number 1, any tutorial you could help write with respect to importing keys from blockchain would be more than helpful. If interested, I’d contact cityglut around that first (just to make sure no one else has wrote one). We could put it up on our FAQ or wiki.

Regarding point number 4, I think I have made changes to avoid this being an issue in the future. :slight_smile:

[quote author=kdrop20 link=topic=13.msg32#msg32 date=1391411179]
The Windows installer link is broken
http://counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/UsingTheInstaller.html

https://github.com/xnova/counterpartyd_binaries/blob/master/counterpartyd-v0.1-amd64_install.exe?raw=true

Could you please, fix it. With the launch of the product and new buyers coming in, we really need this working.  :slight_smile:
[/quote]

This should be fixed. Please recheck and let me know if it’s still an issue for you. I did generate a new installer yesterday.

[quote author=xnova link=topic=13.msg46#msg46 date=1391423634]
[quote author=ginko-B link=topic=13.msg29#msg29 date=1391407618]

[/quote]

Thank you for your feedback here! Regarding point number 1, any tutorial you could help write with respect to importing keys from blockchain would be more than helpful. If interested, I’d contact cityglut around that first (just to make sure no one else has wrote one). We could put it up on our FAQ or wiki.

Regarding point number 4, I think I have made changes to avoid this being an issue in the future. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I have made an FAQ: "I burned through blockchain.info, how do I access my XCP?. If anyone has any suggestions for how to improve this FAQ, I would greatly appreciate it!

[quote author=peled1986 link=topic=13.msg72#msg72 date=1391459295]
[quote author=cityglut link=topic=13.msg51#msg51 date=1391425046]
I have made an FAQ: "I burned through blockchain.info, how do I access my XCP?. If anyone has any suggestions for how to improve this FAQ, I would greatly appreciate it!
[/quote]

[size=9pt][font=verdana]great tutorial! worked for me.[/font][/size]
[size=9pt][font=verdana]one suggestion i think most people have the latest bitcoin-QT version [/font][/size]
[size=9pt][font=verdana]it will help people i think if you add a direct link to here: [/font][/size][size=7pt][color=blue]https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys_v7%2B[/color][/size]
[size=9pt][font=verdana]it’s better than a link to here:[/font][/size][size=7pt][color=blue]https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys[/color][/size][size=9pt] or have both.[/size]
[/quote]

Yeah, I thought about that, as well. I am glad you agree, I will change it accordingly!

I’ve successfully sent an order, but I can’t run all the commands because something is wrong with the parser.

When I issue: counterpartyd -h

I get:

<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 301, in <module><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; args = parser.parse_args()<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\Python32\\Lib\\argparse.py&quot;, line 1697, in parse_args<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; args, argv = self.parse_known_args(args, namespace)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\Python32\\Lib\\argparse.py&quot;, line 1729, in parse_known_args<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; namespace, args = self._parse_known_args(args, namespace)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\Python32\\Lib\\argparse.py&quot;, line 1935, in _parse_known_args<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; start_index = consume_optional(start_index)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\Python32\\Lib\\argparse.py&quot;, line 1875, in consume_optional<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; take_action(action, args, option_string)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\Python32\\Lib\\argparse.py&quot;, line 1803, in take_action<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; action(self, namespace, argument_values, option_string)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\Python32\\Lib\\argparse.py&quot;, line 990, in __call__<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; parser.print_help()<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\Python32\\Lib\\argparse.py&quot;, line 2341, in print_help<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self._print_message(self.format_help(), file)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\Python32\\Lib\\argparse.py&quot;, line 2355, in _print_message<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; file.write(message)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 34, in write<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.__convertor.write(text)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 115, in write<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.write_and_convert(text)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 142, in write_and_convert<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.write_plain_text(text, cursor, len(text))<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 147, in write_plain_text<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.wrapped.write(text[start:end])<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\encodings\\cp437.py&quot;, line 19, in encode<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; return codecs.charmap_encode(input,self.errors,encoding_map)[0]<br />UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character '\\u2010' in position 2613: character maps to <undefined><br />

When I issue: order -h and market -h it works fine.

When I issue: market --get-asset BTC 

I get:

<br /><br />Open Orders<br />+---------------+------------+--------------+-----------+---------+--------------+--------+-----------+------------<br />----+<br />| Give Quantity | Give Asset | Get Quantity | Get Asset |&nbsp; Price&nbsp; | Price Assets |&nbsp; Fee&nbsp; | Time Left |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Tx Ha<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; |<br />+---------------+------------+--------------+-----------+---------+--------------+--------+-----------+------------<br />----+<br />|&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 10.0&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 0.075&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0075 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 52&nbsp; &nbsp; | 227085bb...<br />6a7 |<br />|&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 20.0&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 0.15&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0075 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 254&nbsp; &nbsp; | 77d275c9...<br />be9 |<br />|&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 80.0&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 0.6&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0075 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 455&nbsp; &nbsp; | a74fef11...<br />b48 |<br />|&nbsp; 776.6745212&nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 5.824&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0075 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 841&nbsp; &nbsp; | 8fcc8a5b...<br />216 |<br />| 1000.18181818 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 7.6&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0076 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 843&nbsp; &nbsp; | 2e1687c9...<br />2bf |<br />| 1000.18181818 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 7.7&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0077 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 843&nbsp; &nbsp; | 3eb696a7...<br />3a0 |<br />| 1000.18181818 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 7.8&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0078 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 843&nbsp; &nbsp; | 639224d3...<br />fad |<br />| 1000.18181818 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 7.9&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0079 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 843&nbsp; &nbsp; | 5b94b078...<br />1bf |<br />|&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 15.0&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 0.12&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0080 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 971&nbsp; &nbsp; | abdd6e73...<br />2bf |<br />| 1000.18181818 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 8.0&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0080 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 843&nbsp; &nbsp; | 16482b25...<br />d3b |<br />| 1000.18181818 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 8.1&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0081 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 843&nbsp; &nbsp; | eea65671...<br />80b |<br />| 1000.18181818 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 8.2&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0082 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 843&nbsp; &nbsp; | 07b85894...<br />3fb |<br />| 1000.18181818 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 8.3&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0083 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 844&nbsp; &nbsp; | e06b2c33...<br />c27 |<br />| 1000.18181818 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 8.4&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0084 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 844&nbsp; &nbsp; | 94b8b182...<br />735 |<br />| 1000.18181818 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 8.5&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0085 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 844&nbsp; &nbsp; | da22e9db...<br />4bf |<br />|&nbsp; 100.01818182 |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 0.86&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0086 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 953&nbsp; &nbsp; | 4b8d3c3c...<br />425 |<br />|&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 50.0&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 0.485&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0097 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 836&nbsp; &nbsp; | 7633b081...<br />e5b |<br />|&nbsp; 59.8139372&nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.5922172&nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0099 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 671&nbsp; &nbsp; | d031317c...<br />203 |<br />|&nbsp; &nbsp; 100.0&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 1.0&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0100 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 843&nbsp; &nbsp; | a733147e...<br />8e1 |<br />|&nbsp; &nbsp; 100.0&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 1.0&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0100 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 6885&nbsp; | a868b9ba...<br />902 |<br />|&nbsp; &nbsp; 250.0&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 5.0&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.0200 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 1278&nbsp; | 4eb6e520...<br />7e9 |<br />|&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 1.0&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 0.1&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 0.1000 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; 61660&nbsp; | fa8b7e8f...<br />cf9 |<br />|&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 0.1&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; 1.0&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; BTC&nbsp; &nbsp; | 10.0000 |&nbsp; BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; | 0.0001 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 6294&nbsp; | c8449620...<br />2a5 |<br />+---------------+------------+--------------+-----------+---------+--------------+--------+-----------+------------<br />----+<br /><br /><br />Open Bets<br />+----------+------------------------------------+---------------------------+--------------+----------+-------+----<br />-----+--------+-----------+---------------------+<br />| Bet Type |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Feed Address&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Deadline&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | Target Value | Leverage | Wager | Cou<br />ager |&nbsp; Odds&nbsp; | Time Left |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Tx Hash&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |<br />+----------+------------------------------------+---------------------------+--------------+----------+-------+----<br />-----+--------+-----------+---------------------+<br />|&nbsp; Equal&nbsp; | 1QBPsB2ea61vWTNA9nGUhaHqPQB4SXF4fN | 2014-02-03T05:00:00-05:00 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 2.0&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; 1.0000&nbsp; | 0 XCP |&nbsp; 0<br />P&nbsp; &nbsp; | 1.0000 |&nbsp; &nbsp; 486&nbsp; &nbsp; | c1cfe031...e7875038 |<br />+----------+------------------------------------+---------------------------+--------------+----------+-------+----<br />-----+--------+-----------+---------------------+<br /><br /><br />Order Matches Awaiting BTC Payment<br />+------------------+-----------+<br />| Matched Order ID | Time Left |<br />+------------------+-----------+<br />+------------------+-----------+<br /><br /><br />Feeds<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 661, in <module><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; market(args.give_asset, args.get_asset)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 79, in market<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; print(str(table))<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 34, in write<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.__convertor.write(text)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 115, in write<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.write_and_convert(text)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 142, in write_and_convert<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.write_plain_text(text, cursor, len(text))<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 147, in write_plain_text<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.wrapped.write(text[start:end])<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\encodings\\cp437.py&quot;, line 19, in encode<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; return codecs.charmap_encode(input,self.errors,encoding_map)[0]<br />UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character '\\u2026' in position 536: character maps to <undefined><br />

Windows 7 machine, 64-bit.

I’m looking into this myself, but I’ll bet the devs are quicker than I.

When I start [tt]counterpartyd server[/tt] command, below error happened:

How to fix the ‘[font=dejavu sans mono][size=x-small]AssertionError’ error?[/size][/font]

c:\\counterpartyd_build>counterpartyd server<br /><br /><br />c:\\counterpartyd_build>echo off<br />Status: RESTART<br />Block: 284193<br />Send: 100.0 of asset XCP from 1FueYJfpS7Q92qHGGrbr5d4r5qn4Lz56To to 1KKPcuXvYkEq<br />wjFRUWuDUFcLk3YQgXfVbQ (b5f95848...8fd4d9f3)<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 682, i<br />n <module><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; blocks.follow(db)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\lib\\blocks.py&quot;, line 534, in f<br />ollow<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; parse_block(db, block_index)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\lib\\blocks.py&quot;, line 64, in pa<br />rse_block<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; cancel.parse(db, tx, message)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\lib\\cancel.py&quot;, line 61, in pa<br />rse<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; util.credit(db, tx['source'], order['give_asset'], order['give_remaining'])<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\lib\\util.py&quot;, line 257, in cre<br />dit<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; assert asset != 'BTC' # Never BTC.<br />AssertionError<br /><br /><br />c:\\counterpartyd_build>

[quote author=aQuant link=topic=13.msg161#msg161 date=1391561840]
I’ve successfully sent an order, but I can’t run all the commands because something is wrong with the parser.
<br />Feeds<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 661, in <module><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; market(args.give_asset, args.get_asset)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 79, in market<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; print(str(table))<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 34, in write<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.__convertor.write(text)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 115, in write<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.write_and_convert(text)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 142, in write_and_convert<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.write_plain_text(text, cursor, len(text))<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 147, in write_plain_text<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.wrapped.write(text[start:end])<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\encodings\\cp437.py&quot;, line 19, in encode<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; return codecs.charmap_encode(input,self.errors,encoding_map)[0]<br />UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character '\\u2026' in position 536: character maps to <undefined><br />

[/quote]

This is because feed text can contain unicode characters, and Windows command terminal (cmd.exe) chokes on that.

This issue is fixed in the develop branch. In the meantime, try running “powershell” command before you run counterparty and see if that helps.

[quote author=520Bit link=topic=13.msg176#msg176 date=1391565825]
When I start [tt]counterpartyd server[/tt] command, below error happened:

How to fix the ‘[font=dejavu sans mono][size=x-small]AssertionError’ error?[/size][/font]

c:\\counterpartyd_build>counterpartyd server<br /><br /><br />c:\\counterpartyd_build>echo off<br />Status: RESTART<br />Block: 284193<br />Send: 100.0 of asset XCP from 1FueYJfpS7Q92qHGGrbr5d4r5qn4Lz56To to 1KKPcuXvYkEq<br />wjFRUWuDUFcLk3YQgXfVbQ (b5f95848...8fd4d9f3)<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 682, i<br />n <module><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; blocks.follow(db)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\lib\\blocks.py&quot;, line 534, in f<br />ollow<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; parse_block(db, block_index)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\lib\\blocks.py&quot;, line 64, in pa<br />rse_block<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; cancel.parse(db, tx, message)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\lib\\cancel.py&quot;, line 61, in pa<br />rse<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; util.credit(db, tx['source'], order['give_asset'], order['give_remaining'])<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\lib\\util.py&quot;, line 257, in cre<br />dit<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; assert asset != 'BTC' # Never BTC.<br />AssertionError<br /><br /><br />c:\\counterpartyd_build>
[/quote]

This is a fixed bug. Please refresh from git: http://counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/BuildingFromSource.html#id4

Post deleted.  These devs are fast.

[quote author=xnova link=topic=13.msg177#msg177 date=1391566081]
[quote author=aQuant link=topic=13.msg161#msg161 date=1391561840]
<br />Feeds<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 661, in <module><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; market(args.give_asset, args.get_asset)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\counterpartyd\\counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 79, in market<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; print(str(table))<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 34, in write<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.__convertor.write(text)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 115, in write<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.write_and_convert(text)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 142, in write_and_convert<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.write_plain_text(text, cursor, len(text))<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\colorama\\ansitowin32.py&quot;, line 147, in write_plain_text<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.wrapped.write(text[start:end])<br />&nbsp; File &quot;C:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\encodings\\cp437.py&quot;, line 19, in encode<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; return codecs.charmap_encode(input,self.errors,encoding_map)[0]<br />UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character '\\u2026' in position 536: character maps to <undefined><br />

[/quote]

This is because feed text can contain unicode characters, and Windows command terminal (cmd.exe) chokes on that.

This issue is fixed in the develop branch. In the meantime, try running “powershell” command before you run counterparty and see if that helps.
[/quote]

UPDATE/EDIT: I’ve just stumbled into a place where I probably don’t belong.  While the note below “worked”, there is some definite things that I don’t know about w.r.t. encoding.

Thanks.  I’ve been running powershell all along.  I figured out that I could fix it by setting PYTHONIOENCODING=UTF-8.  For other people who could have similar issues,  search “Edit System Environment Variables” in the start menu.  Add PYTHONIOENCODING.  Set it to UTF-8.

Warning: I’m new.  This fix could unknowingly cause other problems, depending on how certain non-alphanumeric characters are used in the code.  For instance, I already see an issue in the help string for the --force command.

Hey Guys,

I seem to have an issue with the proper jsonrpc lib …

I am using Ubuntu - are there any other linuc users here?

I still have to find out which jsonrpc counterpartyd is using, because my python3 has apparently a wrong one … …

azure@boxfish:~/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd$ python3 counterpartyd.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "counterpartyd.py", line 22, in
    from lib import (config, api, zeromq, util, exceptions, bitcoin, blocks)
  File "/home/azure/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd/lib/api.py", line 16, in
    from jsonrpc import JSONRPCResponseManager, dispatcher
ImportError: cannot import name JSONRPCResponseManager
azure@boxfish:~/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd$

any hints would be appreciated 

I have followed steps to build from source.  I typed in the commands but I got this error

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): appdirs==1.2.0 in c:\p
ython32\lib\site-packages
Cleaning up…
2014-02-05 19:33:55,174|WARNING: Deleting existing virtualenv…
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “setup.py”, line 488, in
    main()
  File “setup.py”, line 479, in main
    create_virtualenv(paths, with_counterwalletd)
  File “setup.py”, line 277, in create_virtualenv
    create_venv(paths[‘env_path’], paths[‘pip_path’], paths[‘python_path’], path
s[‘virtualenv_args’], ‘reqs.txt’)
  File “setup.py”, line 264, in create_venv
    _rmtree(env_path)
  File “setup.py”, line 67, in _rmtree
    _rmtree(fullpath)
  File “setup.py”, line 65, in _rmtree
    rmgeneric(fullpath, f)
  File “setup.py”, line 49, in rmgeneric
    import win32api, win32con
ImportError: No module named win32api

Any suggestions?

Forget my last message - I think I got passed that stage