Counterpartyd Build system: Technical support thread

Need some help please

I am encountering an issue with this command.

C:\counterpartyd_build>counterpartyd server

C:\counterpartyd_build>echo off
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 1/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 2/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 3/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 4/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 5/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 6/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 7/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 8/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 9/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 10/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 11/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 12/12)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py”, line 484, i
n
    util.bitcoind_check(db)
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\util.py”, line 71, in bitc
oind_check
    block_count = bitcoin.rpc(‘getblockcount’, [])
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\bitcoin.py”, line 71, in r
pc
    raise exceptions.BitcoindRPCError(‘Cannot communicate with Bitcoind. (counte
rpartyd is set to run on {}, is Bitcoind?)’.format(network))
lib.exceptions.BitcoindRPCError: Cannot communicate with Bitcoind. (counterparty
d is set to run on mainnet, is Bitcoind?)

C:\counterpartyd_build>

[quote author=TreeLeaves link=topic=13.msg211#msg211 date=1391630994]
Need some help please

I am encountering an issue with this command.

C:\counterpartyd_build>counterpartyd server

C:\counterpartyd_build>echo off
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 1/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 2/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 3/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 4/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 5/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 6/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 7/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 8/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 9/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 10/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 11/12)
Could not connect to Bitcoind. Sleeping for five seconds. (Try 12/12)
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py”, line 484, i
n
    util.bitcoind_check(db)
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\util.py”, line 71, in bitc
oind_check
    block_count = bitcoin.rpc(‘getblockcount’, [])
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\bitcoin.py”, line 71, in r
pc
    raise exceptions.BitcoindRPCError(‘Cannot communicate with Bitcoind. (counte
rpartyd is set to run on {}, is Bitcoind?)’.format(network))
lib.exceptions.BitcoindRPCError: Cannot communicate with Bitcoind. (counterparty
d is set to run on mainnet, is Bitcoind?)

C:\counterpartyd_build>
[/quote]

http://counterpartyd-build.readthedocs.org/en/latest/SettingUpBitcoind.html

Cheers Xnova - Star man.  The problem arose from not having the bitcoin wallet open.

[quote author=l8orre link=topic=13.msg197#msg197 date=1391597834]

Hey Guys,

I seem to have an issue with the proper jsonrpc lib …

I am using Ubuntu - are there any other linuc users here?

I still have to find out which jsonrpc counterpartyd is using, because my python3 has apparently a wrong one … …

azure@boxfish:~/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd$ python3 counterpartyd.py
  File “counterpartyd.py”, line 22, in
    from lib import (config, api, zeromq, util, exceptions, bitcoin, blocks)
  File “/home/azure/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd/lib/api.py”, line 16, in
    from jsonrpc import JSONRPCResponseManager, dispatcher
ImportError: cannot import name JSONRPCResponseManager
azure@boxfish:~/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd$

any hints would be appreciated 
[/quote]

Best thing to do in this case is to build with the build system, which will automatically grab the lib.

If you want to grab it from github and install it manually, you can find it at https://github.com/pavlov99/json-rpc

As you’re developing a GUI, feel free to ping me via PM or email (xnova@bitmessage.ch) if I don’t get back to you quickly. I want to make sure you have the info you need. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the Hint - will check!

Hey guys - found a little problem with ‘virtualenv’ - turns out you MUST NOT use virtualenv 1.11.1 there is a nasty bug in there that prevents pip from being installed properly in the virtualenv.

I had to use an ugly hack to SOMEHOW plonk in virtualenv 1.11.2 into my ubuntu box - don’t ask me how.

when I installed virtualenv from their website repo, it ended up in /usr/local/lib/python3.3/site-packages/virtualenv.py
where it was not found by the setup script, so I had to put a symlink into /usr/bin

but I am really not sure if this will not break on the first occasion!

btw, I am using ubuntu14.04,  but it was easy to guile the setup script into accepting that instead of 13.10 basically 14.04 is still 13.10 under the hood…

aaaanyway, I got counterpartyd to run from the manual install also - after the litlle fix with the json-rpc version in python.

BTW, apparently bitcoind seems to reorganize itself after adding the ‘txindex=1’ flag in bitcoin.conf :

Bitcoin server starting
azure@boxfish:~/workbench/bitcoin-0.8.6-linux/bin/64$ Error: You need to rebuild the databases using -reindex to change -txindex
^C
azure@boxfish:~/workbench/bitcoin-0.8.6-linux/bin/64$ ./bitcoind -reindex

File “/home/azure/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd/lib/util.py”, line 76, in bitcoind_check
    raise exceptions.BitcoindError(‘Bitcoind is running about {} seconds behind.’.format(round(time_behind)))
lib.exceptions.BitcoindError: Bitcoind is running about 101362642 seconds behind.
azure@boxfish:~/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd$ ./counterpartyd.py
Starting new HTTP connection (1): localhost
  File “./counterpartyd.py”, line 484, in
    util.bitcoind_check(db)
  File “/home/azure/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd/lib/util.py”, line 76, in bitcoind_check
    raise exceptions.BitcoindError(‘Bitcoind is running about {} seconds behind.’.format(round(time_behind)))
lib.exceptions.BitcoindError: Bitcoind is running about 95216167 seconds behind.
azure@boxfish:~/workbench/counterparty/counterpartyd$ ./counterpartyd.py
Starting new HTTP connection (1): localhost
  File “./counterpartyd.py”, line 484, in
    util.bitcoind_check(db)
lib.exceptions.BitcoindError: Bitcoind is running about 82815401 seconds behind.

I was looking through the documents on https://github.com/xnova/counterpartyd_build/blob/master/docs/BuildingFromSource.rst#id3 and noticed this:
Creating a default config Follow the instructions listed under the Config and Logging section in :doc:GettingStarted.
Clicking on the URL just takes me to the page on the github with the same link. Is the config/logging section somewhere else?

Can’t install counterpartyd_build due to below error:

I tried more than 3 times, the same error happened.

Also posted here: [font=Verdana][size=78%]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5053261#msg5053261[/size][/font]

c:\\counterpartyd_build>c:\\python32\\python.exe setup.py<br /><br /><br />......................<br /><br /><br />Downloading/unpacking requests==2.1.0 (from -r c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\reqs.txt (line 10))<br />&nbsp; Downloading requests-2.1.0.tar.gz (420kB): 335kB downloaded<br />Cleaning up...<br />Exception:<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\basecommand.py&quot;, line 134, in main<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; status = self.run(options, args)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\commands\\install.py&quot;, line 236, in run<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; requirement_set.prepare_files(finder, force_root_egg_info=self.bundle, bundle=self.bundle)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\req.py&quot;, line 1092, in prepare_files<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.unpack_url(url, location, self.is_download)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\req.py&quot;, line 1238, in unpack_url<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; retval = unpack_http_url(link, location, self.download_cache, self.download_dir)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\download.py&quot;, line 622, in unpack_http_url<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; download_hash = _download_url(resp, link, temp_location)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\download.py&quot;, line 495, in _download_url<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; chunk = resp.read(4096)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\python32\\Lib\\http\\client.py&quot;, line 517, in read<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; s = self.fp.read(amt)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\python32\\Lib\\socket.py&quot;, line 287, in readinto<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; return self._sock.recv_into(b)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\python32\\Lib\\ssl.py&quot;, line 399, in recv_into<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; return self.read(nbytes, buffer)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\python32\\Lib\\ssl.py&quot;, line 293, in read<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; v = self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)<br />socket.timeout: The read operation timed out<br /><br /><br />Storing complete log in C:\\Users\\xxx\\pip\\pip.log<br />2014-02-10 19:06:46,378|ERROR: Command failed: 'c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\Scripts\\pip.exe install -r c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\reqs.txt'<br /><br /><br />c:\\counterpartyd_build>

[quote author=520Bit link=topic=13.msg384#msg384 date=1392032340]

Can’t install counterpartyd_build due to below error:

I tried more than 3 times, the same error happened.

Also posted here: [font=verdana][size=78%]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5053261#msg5053261[/size][/font]

c:\\counterpartyd_build>c:\\python32\\python.exe setup.py<br /><br /><br />......................<br /><br /><br />Downloading/unpacking requests==2.1.0 (from -r c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\reqs.txt (line 10))<br />&nbsp; Downloading requests-2.1.0.tar.gz (420kB): 335kB downloaded<br />Cleaning up...<br />Exception:<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\basecommand.py&quot;, line 134, in main<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; status = self.run(options, args)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\commands\\install.py&quot;, line 236, in run<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; requirement_set.prepare_files(finder, force_root_egg_info=self.bundle, bundle=self.bundle)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\req.py&quot;, line 1092, in prepare_files<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; self.unpack_url(url, location, self.is_download)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\req.py&quot;, line 1238, in unpack_url<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; retval = unpack_http_url(link, location, self.download_cache, self.download_dir)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\download.py&quot;, line 622, in unpack_http_url<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; download_hash = _download_url(resp, link, temp_location)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\lib\\site-packages\\pip\\download.py&quot;, line 495, in _download_url<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; chunk = resp.read(4096)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\python32\\Lib\\http\\client.py&quot;, line 517, in read<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; s = self.fp.read(amt)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\python32\\Lib\\socket.py&quot;, line 287, in readinto<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; return self._sock.recv_into(b)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\python32\\Lib\\ssl.py&quot;, line 399, in recv_into<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; return self.read(nbytes, buffer)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;c:\\python32\\Lib\\ssl.py&quot;, line 293, in read<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; v = self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)<br />socket.timeout: The read operation timed out<br /><br /><br />Storing complete log in C:\\Users\\xxx\\pip\\pip.log<br />2014-02-10 19:06:46,378|ERROR: Command failed: 'c:\\counterpartyd_build\\env\\Scripts\\pip.exe install -r c:\\counterpartyd_build\\dist\\reqs.txt'<br /><br /><br />c:\\counterpartyd_build>
[/quote]

The last time I tried and installed successfully, but I do not know why.

After some help please.  I have the below error when trying to send XCP

c:\counterpartyd_build>echo off
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py”, line 486, i
n
    util.database_check(db)
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\util.py”, line 83, in data
base_check
    block_index = last_block(db)[‘block_index’]
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\util.py”, line 190, in las
t_block
    cursor.execute(’’‘SELECT * FROM blocks WHERE block_index = (SELECT MAX(block
_index) from blocks)’’’)
  File “c:\apsw\src\cursor.c”, line 990, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
  File “c:\apsw\src\statementcache.c”, line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
apsw.BusyError: BusyError: database is locked

Any suggestions?

[quote author=TreeLeaves link=topic=13.msg443#msg443 date=1392193383]

n
    util.database_check(db)
base_check
t_block
_index) from blocks)’’’)

Any suggestions?
[/quote]

Is counterpartyd running already on the box? Did you try restarting your box?

[quote author=xnova link=topic=13.msg449#msg449 date=1392223200]

n
    util.database_check(db)
base_check
t_block
_index) from blocks)’’’)

Any suggestions?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

I restarted the box and its working. Do you know what the cause of this issue is?

[quote author=TreeLeaves link=topic=13.msg471#msg471 date=1392304942]
[quote author=xnova link=topic=13.msg449#msg449 date=1392223200]

n
    util.database_check(db)
base_check
t_block
_index) from blocks)’’’)

Any suggestions?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

I restarted the box and its working. Do you know what the cause of this issue is?
[/quote]

That error means that the SQLite database (which is a file-based database) file was locked for some reason. As you are on windows, the windows OS can sometimes lock files on write especially and cause issues (perhaps you had two instances running, or an instance of counterpartyd running that died, and left the file locked).

C:\Users\xxx>echo off
usage: counterpartyd [-h] [-V] [-v] [–force] [–testnet] [–testcoin]
                    [–unsigned] [–headless] [–data-dir DATA_DIR]
                    [–database-file DATABASE_FILE]
                    [–config-file CONFIG_FILE] [–log-file LOG_FILE]
                    [–bitcoind-rpc-connect BITCOIND_RPC_CONNECT]
                    [–bitcoind-rpc-port BITCOIND_RPC_PORT]
                    [–bitcoind-rpc-user BITCOIND_RPC_USER]
                    [–bitcoind-rpc-password BITCOIND_RPC_PASSWORD]
                    [–rpc-host RPC_HOST] [–rpc-port RPC_PORT]
                    [–rpc-user RPC_USER] [–rpc-password RPC_PASSWORD]

{server,send,order,btcpay,issuance,broadcast,bet,dividend,b
urn,cancel,callback,balances,asset,wallet,market,reparse,rollback}
                    …
counterpartyd: error: too few arguments

using counterparty installer + bitcoinqt

???

[quote author=hodl link=topic=13.msg551#msg551 date=1392507877]

…

???
[/quote]

Run "counterpartyd server" to start up the server, then open up another command window to run individual counterpartyd commands (like send, issue, etc)

Hey,

I hade a problem with running setup.py (on Ubuntu):

2014-02-17 19:27:06,436|DEBUG: RUNNING COMMAND: sudo sed -r -i -e “s/!RUN_AS_USER!/me/g” /etc/init/counterpartyd.conf
2014-02-17 19:27:06,445|INFO: SETUP DONE. (It’s time to kick ass, and chew bubblegum… and I’m all outta gum.)
  File “setup.py”, line 512, in
    main()
  File “setup.py”, line 508, in main
    create_default_datadir_and_config(paths, run_as_user, with_counterwalletd)
  File “setup.py”, line 389, in create_default_datadir_and_config
    create_config(‘counterpartyd’, DEFAULT_CONFIG)
  File “setup.py”, line 350, in create_config
    import appdirs #installed earlier
ImportError: No module named 'appdirs’

I set up the confid file manually, set up bitcoind (with txindex = 1 and running with -reindex) and waited until all blocks were indexed. Running counterpartyd now gives me this strange error:

me@home:~/counterpartyd_build$ counterpartyd server
  File “/home/me/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py”, line 424, in last_block
    last_block = cursor.fetchall()[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/home/me/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py”, line 489, in
    util.versions_check(db)
  File “/home/me/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py”, line 289, in versions_check
  File “/home/me/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py”, line 426, in last_block
    raise exceptions.DatabaseError(‘No blocks found.’)
lib.exceptions.DatabaseError: No blocks found.
:o

[quote author=xnova link=topic=13.msg563#msg563 date=1392523067]
[quote author=hodl link=topic=13.msg551#msg551 date=1392507877]

…

???
[/quote]

Run "counterpartyd server" to start up the server, then open up another command window to run individual counterpartyd commands (like send, issue, etc)
[/quote]

great worked for me, is there any way to do the update (5.2) by the counterpartyd server?

What’s the graceful way to shutdown counterpartyd on Ubuntu?

counterpartyd stop throws an error as a disallowed command.

I was updating to the blockchain and it ran fine until 280,518, when I got this:

Block: 280518
  File “C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console3.py”, line 2
7, in
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py”, line 621, i
n
    total = sum([issuance[‘amount’] for issuance in issuances])
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py”, line 479, in f
ollow
    continue
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py”, line 472, in f
ollow
    # Destination is the first output before the data.
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py”, line 57, in pa
rse_block

File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\issuance.py”, line 103, in
parse
    if problems: validity = 'invalid: ’ + ‘;’.join(problems)
  File “C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\util.py”, line 148, in cre
dit
    amount = '?'
AssertionError

Any idea what I should do here? Thanks!

Reinstalled everything and it worked.