Escrowed Bounty Possible?

Alice wants to issue a bounty. She can do it over at Bountysource. Afaik, the withdrawal fee is 10%, hence it’s far from an ideal solution.

Is there any way to use Counterparty for bounties? Also, how can Bob add funds to a bounty?

Alice asks the widely respected Malice to create a feed that noone can fix her problem and she bets on it.

Bob bets against her and gets to work. Upon presenting his work to Malice, she resolves the bet in his favor.

(I find that 10% fee freaking ridiculous. I rather take my chances and risk the entire amount with someone who seems even remotely respectable (or more than than) than pay a 10% fee).

If you want to pay me a small(er) commission I can be your Malice :wink:

Cool! Would be fun to try the bet feed approach.

Another way could be multisig. Does it work with Counterparty main-net yet? E.g. ten respected members of the CP community could hold one key each to a bounty address. To pay out a XCP bounty three of them would have to sign.

When Alice issues a bounty on the bug she wants resolved, she transfers some XCP to the bounty address and explains the bounty here on the forum.

I wanted to mention multisig but I didn’t because:

a) it’s not yet available (I hope it’ll come out this month), 
b) the multi-sig people need not only sign the release of funds but also check the deliverable and potentially engage in mediation

Multisig is not out of the question, but it does make some simple scenarios complicated and has the potential to make complicated scenarios simpler.
Multisig is not out of the question, but it does make some simple scenarios complicated and has the potential to make complicated scenarios simpler.

+1