Asset Creation Usurped?

I’ve been trying for the last few hours to create an asset named “CBZMNLDALNYG”. I kept getting a timeout error, but I was patient. Then, when it seemed that my asset creation order had finally gone through, I check the DEx and find that the asset was supposedly created over a year ago!

Completed Trades for CBZMNLDALNYG/XCP
TypeBlock TimePrice [XCP]Amount [CBZMNLDALNYG]Total [XCP]Status
                        2014/05/27 08:19:02 PM +00:00
                    Showing 1 to 1 of 1 entries

This asset DID NOT exist a few hours ago; I checked several times. What is going on here??

I used the address 12xSATW8pZXidgJzMS5DEWbedyM45Vb2rn to create this asset through CounterWallet.

I was able to create two assets yesterday, but today I’ve gotten this error a dozen times or more:

Sorry, we got an error when trying to do the requested action: ‘JSON-RPC Error: Type: Server errorCode: -32000Message: Got call_jsonrpc_api request error: timed out’ (API method: create_issuance).

If this persists, please click on the question mark button on the top right-hand corner of the screen for support options.

I’m able to click around the rest of the interface without much trouble, though.

In recent days we’ve again been seeing stress-test (or DoS attack, depending how you see it) on Bitcoin, which impacts the blockchain and consequently creates timeouts on Counterwallet (there are notices about this in Support section of this forum).

Any successfully registered asset can be seen on CoinDaddy’s web site or (or in Counterwallet, when the situation is normal, but the two sites provide more details).

Edit: I just looked, shows the asset was created 13 hours ago so it seems to have worked. I don’t know where you saw it was created in 2014?

Block BlockTime (UTC) Description Amount
374371 2015-09-13 19:49:06 Initial asset creation of 100000 shares by 12xSATW8pZXidgJzMS5DEWbedyM45Vb2rn with description ‘13Sep2015 Matched pair ML tokens for SNF’ 100000

Hey, something! I’m a big fan of yours!

Yes, the asset creation did eventually go through, which is sort of reassuring. The transaction reported in 2014 appears to be reported for all assets. Not sure what that is, but I guess it’s harmless.

Thanks for looking into this. Onward and upward!


The date thing could be related to this: (always easier to attribute a problem to an upstream project!)
This specific issue doesn’t sound like it, but there may be other manifestations of buggy date handling.