Unable to open older wallet.. for a while now

I’ve been unable to access my wallet through counterwallet.io but I notice creating new wallets appears to work ok… and accessing new wallets works promptly enough. I’m confident there isn’t a user error… just appears to be old wallets having a problem, which is rather odd.

This has been a problem then for a few weeks.

[Open Wallet] doesn’t give me the same alert as others receive but it is likely same issue. See another instance at https://www.reddit.com/r/counterparty_xcp/comments/2p5o2o/have_not_been_able_to_log_into_counterparty_for_4/

Is this a known problem?.. I can’t see anything obvious in the forum.

What error are you getting? Can you please provide some more info?

If you remember your address you can provide it (as text, not image) to Counterparty Support. Sometimes a 3rd party open source component corrupts its database and in that case only selected addresses and up temporary unusable (on that particular server). 

Previously a workaround was to rebuild the 3rd party component’s DB, but you could also (for example) install your own Counterwallet server and most likely use your wallet without issues. 
I can’t tell if the problem is what I think it might be, it’s just a guess at this point.
What error are you getting? Can you please provide some more info?

There is no error declared… the login window just doesn’t go into the wallet… so the same as the reddit post without that alert = Imgur: The magic of the Internet … Unclear how long before that would appear.

How could I provide CounterParty support the public addresses directly? Rather not post those on forum.

I’m not worried and might install a server… though had the impression perhaps that wasn’t trusted just yet… if it’s not just for testnet then I might use that… but rather like the counterparty.io and then there’s still a problem, even if I can move the balances to a new wallet.

How could I provide CounterParty support the public addresses directly? Rather not post those on forum

Go to http://support.counterparty.io/support/home and open up a new ticket. Someone from the support should be able to assist you asap.

How could I provide CounterParty support the public addresses directly?

I meant address (not your private key) and I meant to Support (not here on the forum) :slight_smile:

That was just to check if Counterwallet can properly query this address’s unspent outputs.

I’ve fixed this by sweeping into a new counterparty.io wallet using private keys.

devs didn’t have the same problem using another wallet’s example passphrase; perhaps is a browser issue, though the other reddit poster tried several flavours, so unclear whether it might reoccur.