The value and the price of XCP tokens

We are firmly based in the camp that does not care about the price of XCP tokens (despite our holdings). We are only concerned with the value and utility that the Counterparty Protocol offers. Consequently we consider the following idea to be ridiculous:

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/06/11/mastercoin-is-for-burning/

Counterparty’s philosophical stances on “keeping things simple” and “reducing friction” will set it apart.

it is. A few months after MSC was launched, I recalled JR had an idea of using the exodus BTC to buy up MSC to get price high. MSC has more care of investment than utilities.

Totally different philosophies, development vibes, and communities, although we use the similar approach to embed information.

To my mind this is a convoluted tax (in favor of people who hold Mastercoin) on people who trade non-MSC tokens in the Mastercoin ecosystem. So this means that every non-native currency trade will be cheaper on Counterparty than on Mastercoin. That’s a competitive advantage for us.

[quote] So this means that every non-native currency trade will be cheaper on Counterparty than on Mastercoin. [/quote]

I wonder if this can open opportunities for creating derivatives (I’m not sure if this is the right word) of Mastercoin-denominated assets on Counterparty.

[quote author=something link=topic=391.msg2666#msg2666 date=1402770109]
[quote] So this means that every non-native currency trade will be cheaper on Counterparty than on Mastercoin. [/quote]

I wonder if this can open opportunities for creating derivatives (I’m not sure if this is the right word) of Mastercoin-denominated assets on Counterparty.
[/quote]

We think that you are correct. In the same way that XBTC can act as a proxy for BTC within the Counterparty Protocol, this could be done for Mastercoin Assets. This would allow them to be traded on our DEx without their “tax”.

It would only be a matter of time before this catches on and people start to exclusively launch their assets on the most frictionless protocol.