Paid for trade in Counterwallet PLEASE HELP!

[font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][size=10pt][color=#606060]PLEASE HELP![/color][/size][/font]
[font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][size=10pt][color=#606060]I am New to Counterwallet- I paid for (105) XCP with .4725 BTC from my balance in Counterwallet when I received a ‘match found’ notice. Some time later, I receive a notice to 'Pay now". The BTC was removed from my balance when I originally paid the address on the ‘Match’ notice, but I never received any XCP. Now it says my chance to ‘Pay’ has expired, and I’m just out 300 bucks?[/color][/size]
[color=#606060]I do not know where else to post or where else to go. So far, VERY disappointed in the whole thing. I purchased BTC specifically to transfer to my Counterwallet address for this transaction.[/color][/font]
[font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][size=10pt][color=#606060]I’m not stupid, I’m really not. I found a thread ( [/color][/size][/font][color=#606060][font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][size=2]http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22erxg/counterwallet/ )[/size][/font][/color][color=rgb(96, 96, 96)][size=10pt][font=Adobe Gothic Std B]  which finally explained that I need to pay for trades MANUALLY within Counterwallet- so that is what I did. [/font][/size][/color]
[color=rgb(96, 96, 96)][/size][size=10pt][/size][/color]
[font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][/size][size=10pt]The trade order was  ed843[/size][size=10pt][/font]
[font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][/size][size=10pt]The transaction is  [/size][size=10pt][/font][color=rgb(0, 136, 204)][/size][size=12px][font=Helvetica Neue]b5e612967b42c1225dc006504ce2d62962ccbe8261582349e1e2a46f26b7592e[/font][/size][/color]

[font=Adobe Gothic Std B][/size][size=10pt][color=#606060]MY address (in Counterwallet) is: [/color][/size][/font][font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][/size][size=2]1MSkqMaWxrpUqTh8X8siGYVduxsJcYbXPe[/size][size=10pt][/font]

[font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][/size][size=10pt]Address (obtained from ‘match’ notice) which I sent funds to:  1xXCPxBC7kRkkYnTeS4ARk3YYwLF5Y5QT[/size][size=10pt][/font]

[font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][/size][size=10pt]Link to Blockchain: https://blockchain.info/address/1MSkqMaWxrpUqTh8X8siGYVduxsJcYbXPe[/size][size=10pt][/font]
[font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][/size][size=10pt]I have screen shots of all pull-down windows verifying everything I mentioned, but cannot figure out how to attach them here. I want the shares of (XCP) I originally paid for, or my (BTC) back.[/size][size=10pt][/font][font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][/size][size=10pt]Funds sent transaction completed around 5:00am US Central Time on 06/07/2014[/size][size=10pt][/font][font=adobe gothic std b, sans-serif][/size][size=10pt]Please help.[/size][size=10pt][/font]

Hello,

I’m the one selling the XCP with that address, I’ve seen some strange payement on that address and indeed no XCP were transfered. You’re not alone and I’ve also received twice a big payement of 2.1 BTC.

Don’t worry, I’ll send you back the money as soon as I can access the computer where the private key are stored (probably monday)

This is a big issue for those who want to buy XCP and this could be a turnoff for newcomers.

Since I still have some XCP on that address, I can send you the XCP instead, your choice (the price would be under market price)

Anon451-[font=Verdana]Thank-You so much for replying to my post![/font] I would prefer the XCP.
The ‘DEX’ has me confused, but I may understand it now.
The XCP can be sent to the ‘my address’ in my original post, [color=rgb(96, 96, 96)][font=adobe gothic std b][size=3px]1MSkqMaWxrpUqTh8X8siGYVduxsJcYbXPe[/size][/font][/color]
which you can validate in the blockchain.
Again- the honesty and quick reply- can’t give you enough thanks.
Please let me know what the amount of XCP for .4725 BTC will be- I would like to reward you something for your honesty.

Hello,

I am the one who sent the payment.
[font=Verdana][size=78%]  I created an order with my address:[/size][/font]

1HRt3gdnZxxQWfNNCNUgCRy9kLnHviQ78Q

Sell 4.071 BTC for 885 XCP
I placed the order on the counterwallet.co site, and there was a partial fill
1xXCPxBC7kRkkYnTeS4ARk3YYwLF5Y5QT sent 467.28203779 XCP
My Address #1 sent 2.10276917 BTC (pending BTCpay)
Then I cancelled the order and was going to try to re-enter the order at a different price to get it filled.  There is still a balance of 2.10 BTC Could you send asap back

[quote author=anon451 link=topic=377.msg2564#msg2564 date=1402179749]
Hello,

I’m the one selling the XCP with that address, I’ve seen some strange payement on that address and indeed no XCP were transfered. You’re not alone and I’ve also received twice a big payement of 2.1 BTC.

Don’t worry, I’ll send you back the money as soon as I can access the computer where the private key are stored (probably monday)

This is a big issue for those who want to buy XCP and this could be a turnoff for newcomers.

[/quote][quote author=shocksms1 link=topic=377.msg2570#msg2570 date=1402190827]
Hello,

I am the one who sent the payment.
[font=verdana][size=78%]  I created an order with my address:[/size][/font]

Sell 4.071 BTC for 885 XCP
I placed the order on the counterwallet.co site, and there was a partial fill
1xXCPxBC7kRkkYnTeS4ARk3YYwLF5Y5QT sent 467.28203779 XCP
My Address #1 sent 2.10276917 BTC (pending BTCpay)
Then I cancelled the order and was going to try to re-enter the order at a different price to get it filled.  There is still a balance of 2.10 BTC Could you send asap back
[/quote]

There’s apparently a bug in Counterwallet allowing twice as much money to be sent to the BTC buyer as should be. If anon451 could return the extra funds, that’d be great. Of course, we’re working hard right now on fixing the underlying problem.

Question: shocksms1, did you have two Counterwallet windows/tabs open at once when this happened?

[quote author=PhantomPhreak link=topic=377.msg2572#msg2572 date=1402223732]

There’s apparently a bug in Counterwallet allowing twice as much money to be sent to the BTC buyer as should be. If anon451 could return the extra funds, that’d be great. Of course, we’re working hard right now on fixing the underlying problem.

Question: shocksms1, did you have two Counterwallet windows/tabs open at once when this happened?
[/quote]

Glad to hear that you’re aware of the issue. I’ve been using counterpartyd from day one and I wasn’t aware of this issue thus I can’t really help to solve this one.

I’ve noticed 2 double payements and one “payement” that didn’t trigger the XCP transfer.

I’ll transfer the BTC on the sending addresses on Monday. For the payment I’ll check how XCP he has bought and transfer him the correct amount (we agreed on that via PM)

[font=arial]Addresses are :

[color=rgb(128, 128, 128)][size=13px]1HRt3gdnZxxQWfNNCNUgCRy9kLnHviQ78Q[/size][/color][/font] - 2.10276917 BTC

15ZBYrd8VgtX43K7R21Zwo6Biu5Z7fMeqn - 0.02267115 BTC

1MSkqMaWxrpUqTh8X8siGYVduxsJcYbXPe  - 0.4725 BTC (will be sent in XCP @ 0.0045 rate)

Hi, I will outline the steps taken in hopes that this issue can be resolved ASAP.  I am a huge Counterparty fan, and I would Hate to see new adopters turned off by this happening to them, and using it to justify why centralized exchanges would be better.

Anon451 is showing TRUE CLASS by his willingness to return the funds, and this alone tells me that the standards and morality of the Counterparty community are well above the norm.

Steps taken:

1. I had only one window open.

2. I placed one order for 885 XCP from my address:

3. Partial Fill occurred for 467 XCP

4. Order was cancelled

5. Remaining BTC from cancelled order was NOT RETURNED

6. Remaining BTC was paid to: 1xXCPxBC7kRkkYnTeS4ARk3YYwLF5Y5QT

7. My address: 1HRt3gdnZxxQWfNNCNUgCRy9kLnHviQ78Q
is out 2.10 BTC [color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][font=Helvetica Neue][/font][/color]

ANON451 - Kindly please return 1.80 BTC to my address as soon as you can -

Please keep 0.30 BTC as a reward for your honestly and integrity.

Thank you guys!

I’m thinking that this was due to having two instances of counterwallet open at once, logged into the same wallet (which is possible, given counterwallet’s decentralized nature).

In that case, when it was time for a BTCpay, both open instances of counterwallet would have attempted the payment.

Does this sound like what may have happened?

I don’t think that I had two browser windows open, but its a possibility.

Is there an issue with calculating and refunding balances for partial fills and cancelled orders?

I hope you get it fixed soon, anon451 is refunding the btc, but  it would be great to know the issue was resolved internally as well since not all people are as classy as him

[size=1em]Payments have been done.[/size]

[size=1em][font=verdana]@Shocksms, you don’t have to reward me, it is common decency to send the money back.[/font][/size]

Many, many thanks, Anon. Like it or not, I sent a (small thank-you) back to the address you used to send me the XCP. Thank-You, also, for sending XCP instead of BTC. I wish to be part of this community- especially after your excellent display of character. If others in this community follow your example, this will indeed go far!

[quote author=anon451 link=topic=377.msg2581#msg2581 date=1402301195]
[size=1em]Payments have been done.[/size]

[size=1em][font=verdana]@Shocksms, you don’t have to reward me, it is common decency to send the money back.[/font][/size]
[/quote]

Thank you! With this pull request (which was merged), there’s no risk of the same problem happening again. EDIT: Unless you have two Counterwallet windows open. We’re still working on detection for this circumstance.

@anon451 - Thanks for returning the funds as you promised. You are a model example of how we all need to be. Even though btc/xcp is irreversible, there will still be special people on the other end who are more concerned with being honest then obtaining a profit.

Sending back 2.10BTC without taking, or requesting a reward…You’re a special person, and I truly mean it.

I love you!

@anon451, I just sent 0.30 BTC to = [color=rgb(96, 96, 96)][font=Open Sans][size=13px]1xXCPxBC7kRkkYnTeS4ARk3YYwLF5Y5QT[/size][/font][/color]
[color=rgb(96, 96, 96)][font=Open Sans][/size][/font][/color]
[color=rgb(96, 96, 96)][font=Open Sans][/size][size=13px]You deserve it[/size][/font][/color]