Lost ~500 XCP on counterwallet

I wrote down the wrong 12 word password to counterwallet.
My XCP are at one of these (not sure which): 1Dc5vpZHnnydrbmuASy621SuimGvBUcqJo, 16HprZmTuQXj2APKbitRqhYbe8ds4GXNXQ

Is all hope lost? =[

BTW this happened because refreshing the page logs you out (WTF??). I was literally about to transfer them out after sweeping from the burn address, that’s why I didn’t take extra care to back it up.

Shouldn’t “type=password” trigger chrome to ask me if I want to remember the password or not? This is so fucking frustrating… this is my reward for HODLing while XCP was worth 3x what is is now.

[font=Verdana]If you have the private address of 16HprZmTuQXj2APKbitRqhYbe8ds4GXNXQ (that’s the one that has your xcp) you can put it into counterwallet or import it into a local bitcoin wallet. With that you would need to have counterpartyd running to transfer it out. It would of been wise to of kept it on your burn addresses so you’d have complete control. If you don’t have the private key and you forgot the 12 word passphrase you may not be able to get to your xcp to the extent of my knowledge. Having chrome remember the passphrase would be very bad security wise for you. If you have a significant stake in counterparty you should get counterpartyd running on you own computer. Keeping a significant amount of any type of funds in a online wallet thats still in beta test with heavy development is not the ideal choice. This was a little poor planning on your part, but I hate to see this happen. I hope that anything I said was helpful and I hope you get back control of your xcp.[/font]

[quote author=toast link=topic=295.msg2091#msg2091 date=1398538372]
BTW this happened because refreshing the page logs you out (WTF??). I was literally about to transfer them out after sweeping from the burn address, that’s why I didn’t take extra care to back it up.
[/quote]

Refreshing the page logs you out because you’re actually not logged into the server side (it’s an inherent counterwallet thing).

to avoid this kind of thing in the future, added issues:
https://github.com/xnova/counterwallet/issues/107
https://github.com/xnova/counterwallet/issues/108

we are sorry about the loss, however, the front page clearly states to write down the passphrase though, before logging in. These two changes above, however, should reduce the chance of this happening in the future

Thanks for the quick turnaround, glad to see you’re so responsive. Obviously it’s my bad… enjoy your dividends  :wink: