'Invalid Quantity' when trying to issue asset

Hey folks,

I’m trying to issue an asset using the following command:

counterpartyd issuance --source=[sourceaddress]--quantity=100 --asset='YPEI' --divisible --description=testdesc

And i’m receiving the following error:

<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;/home/black/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 481, in <module><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; args.unsigned)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;/home/black/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 41, in cli<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; unsigned_tx_hex = util.api(method, params)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;/home/black/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py&quot;, line 45, in api<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; raise exceptions.RPCError('{}'.format(response_json['error']))<br />lib.exceptions.RPCError: {'message': 'Server error', 'code': -32000, 'data': {'message': 'Invalid quantity', 'args': ['Invalid quantity'], 'type': 'Exception'}}

Everything SEEMS to be in order - I have XCP and BTC in the source address, the command looks correct… Any ideas?

[quote author=opticon link=topic=146.msg980#msg980 date=1393725466]
Hey folks,

I’m trying to issue an asset using the following command:

counterpartyd issuance --source=[sourceaddress]--quantity=100 --asset='YPEI' --divisible --description=testdesc

And i’m receiving the following error:

<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;/home/black/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 481, in <module><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; args.unsigned)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;/home/black/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 41, in cli<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; unsigned_tx_hex = util.api(method, params)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;/home/black/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py&quot;, line 45, in api<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; raise exceptions.RPCError('{}'.format(response_json['error']))<br />lib.exceptions.RPCError: {'message': 'Server error', 'code': -32000, 'data': {'message': 'Invalid quantity', 'args': ['Invalid quantity'], 'type': 'Exception'}}

Everything SEEMS to be in order - I have XCP and BTC in the source address, the command looks correct… Any ideas?
[/quote]

Do you have the latest and greatest counterpartyd?  Did you rescan your blocks?

If so, then try this one: counterpartyd issuance --source=[sourceaddress] --asset=YPEI --quantity=100 --divisible --description=&quot;testdesc&quot;
[font=Verdana][/font]

I’m running v6.2 - and that command didn’t work either. Geh.

[quote author=opticon link=topic=146.msg982#msg982 date=1393729224]
I’m running v6.2 - and that command didn’t work either. Geh.
[/quote]

The latest version on [tt]master[/tt] should have this problem fixed.

After upgrading my install, I get this error:

[font=Verdana][/font]<br />counterpartyd issuance --source=[sourceaddress] --asset=WANKER --quantity=100 --divisible --description=&quot;&quot;<br />Traceback (most recent call last):<br />&nbsp; File &quot;/home/black/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 481, in <module><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; args.unsigned)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;/home/black/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/counterpartyd.py&quot;, line 41, in cli<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; unsigned_tx_hex = util.api(method, params)<br />&nbsp; File &quot;/home/black/counterpartyd_build/dist/counterpartyd/lib/util.py&quot;, line 45, in api<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; raise exceptions.RPCError('{}'.format(response_json['error']))<br />lib.exceptions.RPCError: {'message': 'Server error', 'code': -32000, 'data': {'message': 'unexpected first byte of WIF 92ZUJBNnsC1mEazTPUGQ7eVzGNdijxxxgXiJE3bugVajdJ2D94B', 'args': ['unexpected first byte of WIF 92ZUJBNnsC1mEazTPUGQ7eVzGNdijxxxgXiJE3bugVajdJ2D94B'], 'type': 'EncodingError'}}[font=Verdana][size=78%]

For both divisible and indivisible assets.[/size][/font]

This is fixed in the developer branch.

I recommend switching to that branch if you wish to run the issuance commands.

same problem here, need help :-\

[quote author=Bountyful link=topic=146.msg1047#msg1047 date=1393805763]
This is fixed in the developer branch.

I recommend switching to that branch if you wish to run the issuance commands.
[/quote]

It’s fixed in the developer branch. You need to checkout that copy to fix this issue.

And if anyone is wondering, you’ll need to install ‘insight’ to use the dev branch:

https://github.com/xnova/counterpartyd_build/blob/develop/docs/SettingUpInsight.rst