Dividend issues / questions

I have two questions:

1. I sent out a dividend payment for a project (token: BLOCKLABEL). It went through, however those holding 0.25 of the token did not receive anything. Here’s the transaction: Transaction: 71a52ac258bc0bd2a25667cf136a7e7c623a253049280c1153953eff20ca97eb | Blockchain.com

Is there a specific reason to why they didn’t receive anything?

When I’ve previously done this, those who have 0.25 received their share. Here’s the transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/af6c47cb56f1380be4449ccd0ff9908d39afe10e7790b83ab267f2e58b1525e5

2. I was going to make a dividend payment to another token (FANTOKEN). Here I get an error message:

Sorry, we got an error when trying to do the requested action: 'JSON-RPC Error:

Type: Server error

Code: -32000

Message: {“message”: “Error composing dividend transaction via API: [‘zero dividend’]”, “code”: -32001}
’ (API method: create_dividend).

If this persists, please click on the question mark button on the top right-hand corner of the screen for support options.

I was assuming that those with enough tokens would receive something, while the amount for those who couldn’t would be sent as a return value.
I reckon that’s not possible and I get this error because those who hold a small amount, e.g. 0.001 are not eligible to receive anything when the dividend per token is at 2 satoshi. Is that correct?

The problem is that when using pure BTC with the “dividend” feature, all it’s doing is a standard “sendmany” bitcoin command, and it is restricted by the dust limit (5500 satoshis IIRC). When using a counterparty token for payment instead of BTC, it’s recorded as an actual “dividend” type transaction and has no value restriction. Basically that means that if any of your token holders would receive a payment below the BTC dust limit, they simply get ignored, which is why some holders were not included in your tx that you linked to.

I ran into this exact problem a long time ago with my own dividend paying tokens - EARNFREEBTC and SPECULATE. To get around it, I created a “proxy token” called BITCOINEX, which is trade-able 1:1 with regular BTC. It allows token holders to receive dividend payments all the way down to 1 satoshi, and then they can let it build up until they have enough to trade in for real bitcoin. See here for more details: https://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/bitcoinexxcp-and-the-counterparty-gateway

1 Like

Okay, that makes sense.

BITCOINEX looks interesting, Robert suggested it previously as well. However, I was unaware of the dust limitations when doing dividends, thanks for clearing that up!

No problem!

I made an asset of 10 million, and will sell them all. Dividends sending everyone, NOT including issuer (me) so many fees. I do not want to send myself Dividends. How to send a dividend only to those who buy asset?

As I recall the dividends are automatically not sent to the asset-issuing address.
If you moved the assets to your other (non-issuing) address, then there’s no way for the s/w to know.

Check out some previous postings on this subject and you can also (it requires some time but it’s worth it) do a final check on Testnet (create 2 wallets on testnet, issue an asset, send some of it to several addresses of the 2 wallets, pay out dividend and study the outcome).