BoottleXCP, XCP GUI with Bottle and Bootstrap

[size=18pt]BoottleXCP[/size]

XCP GUI with Bottle and Bootstrap

GitHub - ouziel-slama/BoottleXCP: XCP GUI with bottlepy and Bootstrap

[size=14pt]Requirement[/size]

you must have bitcoind running with txindex=1 and server=1 in config file.

[size=14pt]Quick install and run[/size]
(thanks to romerun)

<br />brew update<br />brew install sqlite<br /><br />pip3 install bottle appdirs==1.2.0 prettytable==0.7.2 python-dateutil==2.2 requests==2.1.0 cherrypy==3.2.4 json-rpc==1.1 pycoin==0.25 pytest==2.5.1<br />pip3 install https://github.com/rogerbinns/apsw/archive/master.zip<br /><br />git clone --recursive https://github.com/JahPowerBit/BoottleXCP.git<br /><br />cd BoottleXCP/counterpartygui<br />bower install<br /><br />cd ..<br /><br />python3 boottlexcp.py<br />

* "START PARTY!" to start blocks following and web server.
* "OPEN WALLET" top open the GUI
* "QUIT" to stop blocks following and web server and close manager
* "CONFIG" to change configuration

more screenshots: Counterparty GUI - Album on Imgur

[size=14pt][size=12pt]OP Changelog[/size][/size]

February 20, 2014, 03:20:55 pm: Complete rewrite of the OP, with the github Readme

I finally got it to run. Yea looks solid. It organizes all XCP I have from various addresses in one place. UI is done in html/css/js means that it’s portable across OSes.

[quote author=romerun link=topic=74.msg703#msg703 date=1392808576]
I finally got it to run. Yea looks solid. It organizes all XCP I have from various addresses in one place. UI is done in html/css/js means that it’s portable across OSes.
[/quote]

romerun, could detail your experience with JahPowerBit’s GUI? It would help us very much in determining how to distribute bounty funds.

For information:

- TheMightyX (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=100606) is currently working on a profesional level design with features grouped by theme (send, trading, shares, bets).

- I also asked flatfly (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=52782) to deal with the Windows build. I await his answer, but he would have to agree since he has already proposed here: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,8.msg148.html#msg148

If flatfly accept, the team will be complete:
TheMightyX for the design
flatfly for the Windows build
me for the dev and MacOS build

If I win something, flatfly and TheMightyX will receive 20% each.

I just made a push :
GitHub - ouziel-slama/counterpartyws: Web server for counterpartygui

I added a little "manager" to make things easier :

[list]
[li]"START PARTY!" to start blocks following and web server.[/li]
[li]"OPEN WALLET" top open the GUI[/li]
[li]"QUIT" to stop blocks following and web server and close manager[/li]
[/list]

EDIT: fix image url

[quote author=cityglut link=topic=74.msg704#msg704 date=1392808847]
[quote author=romerun link=topic=74.msg703#msg703 date=1392808576]
[/quote]

romerun, could detail your experience with JahPowerBit’s GUI? It would help us very much in determining how to distribute bounty funds.
[/quote]

I will, I haven’t really used it, the hack was too excited

I can test the win build as soon as it’s available (actually I’ve already tried to build from source but it seems that it wasn’t designed to run under windows  ;D )

I will post a first, very much alpha Windows build for BoottleXCP in the next few days.
It will require a standard Python 3.3 install as an external dependency (though this may change in the future).

[quote author=flatfly link=topic=74.msg735#msg735 date=1392922521]
It will require a standard Python 3.3 install as an external dependency (though this may change in the future).
[/quote]

I prefer not please. The number one priority is ease of installation.
If the dependencies change, users will have to update the application. This will be the case anyway every major update of counterpartyd. And it is easier for a non-technical, that update Python. Thank you very much!

Just made a push: GitHub - ouziel-slama/BoottleXCP: XCP GUI with bottlepy and Bootstrap

There is no need to open a text editor for the config file. If the configuration is not complete, the party can not start and the dialog configuration opens automatically.

Thank you. I correct the problem with the same solution (threads watching stdout/stderr instead non blocking loop). Just made a push.

Hello JahPowerBit

This version of APSW threw an error on the SQLite version
src/apsw.c:62:2: error: #error Your SQLite version is too old. It must be at least 3.8.3
    #error Your SQLite version is too old.  It must be at least 3.8.3

I got the following note in my Ubuntu cace
:~$ sudo apt-cache policy sqlite3
sqlite3:
  Installed: 3.7.17-1ubuntu1
  Candidate: 3.7.17-1ubuntu1
  Version table:
*** 3.7.17-1ubuntu1 0
        500 saucy/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I checked my SQLite version and it’s 2.8.17
$sqlite -version

Just to confirm this is really needed. I think it is, but just wanted to check in.

[quote author=Bountyful link=topic=74.msg742#msg742 date=1392948503]

Hello JahPowerBit

This version of APSW threw an error on the SQLite version
src/apsw.c:62:2: error: #error Your SQLite version is too old. It must be at least 3.8.3
    #error Your SQLite version is too old.  It must be at least 3.8.3

I got the following note in my Ubuntu cace
:~$ sudo apt-cache policy sqlite3
sqlite3:
  Installed: 3.7.17-1ubuntu1
  Candidate: 3.7.17-1ubuntu1
  Version table:
*** 3.7.17-1ubuntu1 0
        500 saucy/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I checked my SQLite version and it’s 2.8.17
$sqlite -version

Just to confirm this is really needed. I think it is, but just wanted to check in.
[/quote]

I fixed this by sudo apt-get install python-apsw

Is there anyway to access the web server without running the GUI?  I’m running on a headless server with no WindowManager installed.

Here are my steps using Ubuntu to run the GUI:
# Prepare the system

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-apsw
sudo apt-get install npm

# add to your [font=Verdana] to ~/.profile $PATH [/font]

/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/bin:$PATH

# Update your path settings in your profile without restarting
source ~/.profile

npm install -g bower

pip3 install bottle appdirs==1.2.0 prettytable==0.7.2 python-dateutil==2.2 requests==2.1.0 cherrypy==3.2.4 json-rpc==1.1 pycoin==0.25 pytest==2.5.1

git clone --recursive https://github.com/JahPowerBit/BoottleXCP.git

cd BoottleXCP/counterpartygui

bower install

python3 counterpartyws.py

Thank you Bountyful. I will update today the README with these informations.

[quote author=JahPowerBit link=topic=74.msg740#msg740 date=1392942266]
Thank you. I correct the problem with the same solution (threads watching stdout/stderr instead non blocking loop). Just made a push.
[/quote]

Yes, it’s fine now indeed. Thanks for responding so fast.