Donation request for the development of BoottleXCP

[size=18pt]Donation request for the development of BoottleXCP[/size]

[size=18pt]WHAT ?[/size]

Here are the features I would add to BoottleXCP:

[size=16pt]Phase 1[/size]

The purpose of this phase is to have a complete product in terms of functionality. Highlighting the DEX and the possibility of using BoottleXCP also as BTC wallet.

[list]
[li]confirmation dialog box with a summary of the transaction[/li]
[li]balances auto refresh with sound alerts[/li]
[li]ability to import a private key[/li]
[li]ability to generate a new address[/li]
[li]ability to send BTC to many addresses[/li]
[li]ability to sign message[/li]
[li]integration of the TheMightyX design (screenshot above)[/li]
[li]setting up a mini website with screenshots, links to downloads binaries and sources[/li]
[li]system update that lets you download the latest version of counterpartyd from github[/li]
[li]using CEF (https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/) or PyQT webview (http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download) to open the application directly without using a browser.[/li]
[li]Transaction history[/li]
[li]active orders and bets[/li]
[li]feeds[/li]
[li]search engine by address or transaction[/li]
[li]DEX :
[list]
[li]classical design with 2 columns[/li]
[li]maybe a trollbox[/li]
[li]candle sticks graph[/li]
[li]price chart for assets that the user has[/li]
        [li]Highlighting on strategic assets (XBTC, …)[/li]
[/list][/li]
[li]sound alert when a match order[/li]
[/list]

[size=16pt]Phase 2[/size]

The purpose of this phase is to no longer be required to download all the blockchain to use the wallet. And to add the ability to use BoottleXCP as online private BIP32 wallet.
At the end of this phase BootleXCP can be used in four different modes:

[list]
[li]Desktop Heavy: with bitcoind and locally blocks following[/li]
[li]Desktop Light: without bitcoind and without following blocks[/li]
[li]Server Heavy: BIP32 wallet installed in a private server, without any private key stored on the server [/li]
[li]Server Light: same as Server Heavy but without bitcoind and without following blocks[/li]
[/list]

This phase depends on a sub project that will be developed independently:

[size=14pt]pyrpcwallet[/size]

A light wallet (without download blockchain) that can be used via a json-rpc api fully compatible with bitcoind json-rpc api. This wallet will be developed with pycoin, BCI api and sqlite. The passphrase will be required and the wallet will be encrypted with the same algorithm as wallet.dat.

[size=16pt]Phase 3[/size]
Evolutions…

[list]
[li]Dividends distribution in BTC[/li]
[/list]

[size=18pt]WHY ?[/size]

Development and maintenance of BoottleXCP takes me a lot of time. I have fallen behind with my work, luckily my main client is also a friend and this is the first time it has happened. I have many ideas to improve the GUI, but without time available I could not achieve. If I only work evenings and week-end it will hang and I will lose the interest of the community if I do not regularly make releases.

[size=18pt]WHO ?[/size]

I am 37 years old and I have 2 kids, I work in the web for 15 years and I program for 23 years (I started with Turbo Pascal). I am a freelance CTO of a friend Webagency. My job today is more make project management and code review. But I always manage to code, because I like it. I sent my CV and personal information to Cityglut.

[size=18pt]HOW MUCH ?[/size]

Today I sell to my main client, my work day to 325 € ($ 450). The donation request will be enclosed in two weeks. At the end of these two weeks, I would sell on Bitstamp XCP for BTC and BTC for $. I would divide the sum by 350$ to get a number of days. I would discuss with my client to distribute these days in the coming months, trying to concentrate as much as possible.
It is up to you to answer the question “how much?”

[size=18pt]Why making a donation is good for you ?[/size]

[list]
[li]If you are a user, it is a way to be sure to have a better product.[/li]
[li]If you’re a burner or an investor, this is a way for you to help give value to XCP.[/li]
[li]BoottleXCP is free and open source and always will be. By making a donation, you encourage other developers to invest their time in open source and free projects. In fact, you help make the world better ;-)[/li]
[/list]

The development team of Counterparty supports the project and will make a donation equal to donations from the community. I thank them very much for their trust and generosity.
And thank you in advance for your trust and generosity.

Cheers.

[center][size=18pt]1Ht6dp7Kxn9htAcBhy6PAGcpNqqNNyiapu[/size][/center]

EDIT: add Phase 3

Will do. I see a lot of effort on your work.

In the future we should have things like xcpforcommit , bitcoin and peercoin has it and everybody likes it

so if pyrpcwallet is implemented, we can connect counterpartyd to it in place of the giant bitcoind ?

[quote author=romerun link=topic=134.msg920#msg920 date=1393447529]
so if pyrpcwallet is implemented, we can connect counterpartyd to it in place of the giant bitcoind ?
[/quote]

yep. this is exactly the idea!
You can switch from heavy wallet to light wallet only by changing the rpc parameters (host/port/username/password).

[quote author=JahPowerBit link=topic=134.msg901#msg901 date=1393373560]

The development team of Counterparty supports the project and will make a donation equal to donations from the community. I thank them very much for their trust and generosity.

[/quote]

This is great.

Would someone from the development team please make a post to confirm their support of the donation matching?

JahPowerBit has proven himself a capable developer and well deserving of our support.

The single most important thing you can do to increase the value of your investment is to make it more useful and versatile. Let’s not pretend Counterparty has no obstacles to overcome. The biggest of these yet may be ease-of-use.

Any investment to JahPowerBit I believe is an investment into the value of your own money.

Let’s make Counterparty great together!

[quote author=Global_trade_repo link=topic=134.msg925#msg925 date=1393455871]
[quote author=JahPowerBit link=topic=134.msg901#msg901 date=1393373560]

[/quote]

This is great.

Would someone from the development team please make a post to confirm their support of the donation matching?
[/quote]

Yes. We will be matching the donations JahPowerBit receives from the community.

i pledge 200 xcp on completion of phase 2

hopefully i can use the trustless nature of XCP to set up an escrow prior to completion

As soon as I can sell 50 XCP for 0.5 BTC, I’ll send this to the donation fund.

Ease of use is really an important step !

Update

First thank you to donors , community and development team for their support.
Thank you TheMightyX to make my work pleasing to the eyes . It is a great satisfaction for a developer .
Thank you Flatfly to make available to the majority of users my work.
It is a pleasure to work with you .

New design:
The new design is already downloadable on Github branch " newdesign " ( https://github.com/JahPowerBit/counterpartygui/tree/newdesign ) . TheMightyX well advanced , but I 'm late to integrate his work because I 'm focused on pyrpcwallet . The new design will include the following features:
- Custom theme
- Adding a menu with the following functions: import private key , get new address

Lightweight wallet :
By popular demand , I 'm focused on this feature. So I developed pyrpcwallet : https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,166.msg1133/topicseen.html#msg1133
With this application you can already theoretically used counterpartyd light mode.

I ended up very late that night, I have not had time to test with counterpartyd. I’m curious to know how the scan blocks behaves with pyrpcwallet.There’re chances that I need to develop a system for synchronizing sqlite database with a trusted server.
The ideal would be to have a git repository from which you could download the differential since the last download.
One can also imagine a system without local sqlite, and only by making requests on blockscan. But for that I have to make changes in the counterpartyd code because the functions that compose the transactions make calls to sqlite.
So the next step is to integrate pyrpcwallet directly into BootleXCP, well test and possibly develop a system for synchronizing the database. If everything goes well, we should have next week a stable lightweight GUI.

Thanks for your great work JahPowerBit!
It’s also a real pleasure working with you.