All Wallets & Balances Disappeared?

It's been awhile since I logged into my wallet.

I just logged in.  Everything is blank.

No accounts.

No balances.

Any ideas what's going on?

Do you get any error messages? Do you see anything in your History? I've heard of that happening where a later login or after clearing browser cache will fix it.

This is the only error…

"[color=rgb(213, 97, 97)][font=Helvetica Neue][size=14px]You appear to be logged into Counterwallet elsewhere.[/size][/font][/color][color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][font=Helvetica Neue][/size][size=14px] [/size][/font][/color]It's not safe to be logged into the same wallet account from multiple devices at the same time. If you are sure that this is not the case, press Continue. Otherwise, please press Cancel, logout from your other device, and try again."

But I'm not logged in from any other device.

Trying it in Chrome & Firefox, I get the same issue.  All wallets are gone.  All balances are gone.

If it was a hacking incident, then the wallets should still be there right, just the balances moved.

Something else is going on.

I have the seed.  How would I recover the wallets?

The public key is showing the transactions & the coins in Blockhain.info.

The coins are there.  They just aren't showing in counterwallet.co

Any ideas?

[quote author=Sage link=topic=498.msg3090#msg3090 date=1408521893]
The public key is showing the transactions & the coins in Blockhain.info.

The coins are there.  They just aren't showing in counterwallet.co

Any ideas?
[/quote]

Or try a different browser.

I tried all that.  2 browsers, & several times logging in and out.  Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Go to Counterwallet and press Ctrl+f5.

Login and then try to add new addresses.

[quote author=niceplum link=topic=498.msg3097#msg3097 date=1408535011]

[/quote]

It seem to be some issue with the update.

My friends wallets are missing too since the update.  How is adding new addresses going to fix this?

I have the seed 12 word phrase.

The coins show in the blockchain.

Surely there is some way to fix this?

I want to rule out that I have the right 12 word seed.

I have at least one of the public addresses to one of the wallets.

Is there a way I can determine if that public address came from my 12 word seed?

[quote author=Sage link=topic=498.msg3098#msg3098 date=1408535871]

[/quote]

My friends wallets are missing too since the update.  How is adding new addresses going to fix this?
[/quote]

The addresses should still be there, just hidden. If you add new ones its possible that the missing wallets will be added back.

If this doesn't work, please create a counterwallet support ticket as well by clicking ? at the top right.

[quote author=niceplum link=topic=498.msg3104#msg3104 date=1408542508]
[quote author=Sage link=topic=498.msg3098#msg3098 date=1408535871]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The addresses should still be there, just hidden. If you add new ones its possible that the missing wallets will be added back.

If this doesn't work, please create a counterwallet support ticket as well by clicking ? at the top right.
[/quote]

Creating a new address didn't work.

Its acting like I have the wrong seed.  Because when I logged in after awhile it asked me to confirm the legals.

On 6/8/2014 the funds were deposited.

I have the right seed.

I don't have all the public addresses saved.  But I have one.  That is showing the coins in the blockchain.

So what would cause this issue?

I have the right seed words. 

[quote author=Sage link=topic=498.msg3119#msg3119 date=1408658498]
Its acting like I have the wrong seed.  Because when I logged in after awhile it asked me to confirm the legals.
[/quote]

What do you mean by "didn't work"?
Are you now claiming that there's another bug (addresses cannot be added in CW)?

How exactly did you try to add a new address?

Most likely you were logging on to the test network.
https://counterparty.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/5000007814/folders/5000016509/articles/5000008019-my-fourth-fifth-address-in-counterwallet

[quote author=something link=topic=498.msg3120#msg3120 date=1408677179]
[quote author=Sage link=topic=498.msg3119#msg3119 date=1408658498]
[/quote]

What do you mean by "didn't work"?
Are you now claiming that there's another bug (addresses cannot be added in CW)?

How exactly did you try to add a new address?

Most likely you were logging on to the test network.
https://counterparty.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/5000007814/folders/5000016509/articles/5000008019-my-fourth-fifth-address-in-counterwallet
[/quote]

The address adds as it should.  But none of the missing addresses & balances show up.

Test network?  Please explain…

I created the wallet at counterwallet.co around 2014-06-8.

If that was the test newtwork, then what happened to the wallets & XCP that is showing up in the blockchain now, but not in counterwallet?

Even if it was the test network, if the wallet is deterministic, should it not generate the same wallets with the same seed?

How would I go about recovering the wallets & XCP if it was indeed the test network?

1.  >The address adds as it should.  But none of the missing addresses & balances show up.

You say the address (where your tokens are) adds as it should, but that the missing addresses are not there.
Which is it?
Are the addresses with your tokens there or not?

2. TESTNET IN USE:

See the bottom of this page:
https://counterparty.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/5000007814/folders/5000016509/articles/5000003512-i-logged-in-and-my-address-is-different-and-i-have-no-balance-

3. >Even if it was the test network, if the wallet is deterministic, should it not generate the same wallets with the same seed?

The testnet doesn't even have same addresses (it can't, it's a test network with completely different addresses).
The pass phrase maps 1 : 1 to a wallet from which addresses are derived in deterministic manner.
If you log in to your test net wallet, you'll see the same set of test net addresses.
If you log in to your main net wallet, you'll see the same set of your main net addresses.

[quote author=something link=topic=498.msg3125#msg3125 date=1408706117]
1.  >The address adds as it should.  But none of the missing addresses & balances show up.

You say the address (where your tokens are) adds as it should, but that the missing addresses are not there.
Which is it?
Are the addresses with your tokens there or not?

2. TESTNET IN USE:

See the bottom of this page:
https://counterparty.freshdesk.com/solution/categories/5000007814/folders/5000016509/articles/5000003512-i-logged-in-and-my-address-is-different-and-i-have-no-balance-

3. >Even if it was the test network, if the wallet is deterministic, should it not generate the same wallets with the same seed?

The testnet doesn't even have same addresses (it can't, it's a test network with completely different addresses).
The pass phrase maps 1 : 1 to a wallet from which addresses are derived in deterministic manner.
If you log in to your test net wallet, you'll see the same set of test net addresses.
If you log in to your main net wallet, you'll see the same set of your main net addresses.
[/quote]

It's not the Testnet then.  Because I'm not getting that message.

I can add addresses.  But, no, so far, these are not the addresses where the coins are showing in the blockchain.

I'm 100% certain I have the right seed.

It was around 6/8/2014 when the wallets were created & the coins deposited.

What could have possibly changed since then and/or causing this?

If I have the correct seed, how would I recover the private keys & re-import the wallets?

Also, my friend who created his wallets the same way & at the same time is also missing all his addresses (luckily he didn't have any BTC/XCP in them).

What could be going on here?  How could we recover the addresses & coins?

I created a bunch of addresses.

FINALLY, the addresses with XCP showed up.  What a relief.

Any ideas what happened to cause all this? 

I'm about to issue stocks for a biz project, and would hate for any partners to login to their accounts & see all their stocks gone.

Anyway to get to the bottom of what happened so we can prevent it from happening again?

Thanks

[quote author=Sage link=topic=498.msg3148#msg3148 date=1408888026]
I created a bunch of addresses.

FINALLY, the addresses with XCP showed up.  What a relief.

Any ideas what happened to cause all this? 

I'm about to issue stocks for a biz project, and would hate for any partners to login to their accounts & see all their stocks gone.

Anyway to get to the bottom of what happened so we can prevent it from happening again?

Thanks
[/quote]

Hurray! Anyway, it was an update of Counterwallet, and the issues have been resolved since then. It's very doubtful that it will occur again.