Wrong Transaction

So it looks like you sent 1 BTC to your address, and it appears to still be there. Let me ask you this, when you log into your counterparty wallet on counterwallet, do you actually see your BTC address there? If you dont, I have a solution that might work:

Keep creating new wallets in counterwallet until yours reappears, this is a bug in the code right now

If you do see your BTC address there, then we need to take additional troubleshooting steps

I have created 6 more addresses and nothing is showing as yet, I will try again as time permits. I am about to start a new business and it will be bitcoin focused, so if I can sort this out it would be good. I really appreciate your assistance with this.

Regards

Brian

So just to confirm, you cannot see 19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe in your wallet?

I confirm that I cannot see 19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe in wallet. I created another 13 addresses and still shows nothing

Hmm, at this point I’m starting to suspect that you’re logged into a wrong wallet… This is the first time I hear someone has generated 20 addresses and still can’t see the missing address.

If you use the 3rd approach (from my earlier comment above), you can display an arbitrary number of addresses that could be managed by your wallet, but I understand that CP never uses more than 20, and that those are generated in the same order (if I remember correctly). So if you don’t see it now, it’s more likely that you’re not logged into the right wallet, than that it might appear if you use CounterwalletHelper to generate 35 or 40 addresses.

Logging into the wrong wallet happens when a word is misspelled and mistaken for another valid word. For example, if the correct word is cost but you type coat.

Full list of words here; http://xcp.pw/tools/dictionary.html

Note that CounterwalletHelper (mentioned above) can help you do the guessing using the word list (--help).

Hello I don’t think I am logged into the wrong wallet, the original account still shows the balance of 0.01 I think of a balance which was what was left after the bitcoin left the account. Its puzzling and I want to do more with bitcoin but I need to understand what happened so it doesn’t happen again
Regards

Okay then try to add up to 20 addresses, and above that you can use CounterwalletHelper as per above URL and ask it to show more (say, 35) addresses.

CounterWalletHelper.py wallet --pass-phrase "your pass phrase your pass phrase your pass phrase your pass phrase" --search-depth 35
``
If you also add `--show-private`, then private keys for those addresses will be showed as well (do not submit any output of that command here!), but you can use the above command to simply check if the address appears in the list. Then you can use `--show-private` as well to obtain its private key and import your assets from it using the Counterwallet sweep feature.

Transfer was from this account1F6GFtxyRZJtNcz7bMqRa34TrcsvEakAiJ

to 19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe

Still can’t find the bitcoin.

I don’t see any transactions that were made from the first address, either XCP or BTC:

https://blockscan.com/address/1F6GFtxyRZJtNcz7bMqRa34TrcsvEakAiJ

So nothing was sent from the first address, it’s normal that you can’t see incoming BTC from it.

Edit:

Did you look through 35 (or more) addresses using CounterwalletHelper and is the second address (19…pe) among them or not?

I just re-tried CounterwalletHelper and it works as expected.

c:\Python27\python.exe CounterWalletHelper.py wallet --pass-phrase "again control teacher mountain truck spoken false acid rainbow imagination separate learn" --search-depth 7
address: 1Q6gdNn4xU6BcYZYoMq1a1YyYQzqdcvGof
address: 1HwDYJv3khTA5cGwtHKGrpPjfwmLF9CJe3
address: 1PhFssN84S6VxerDBeqV8qb7tPR9kZU7ao
address: 12iYZawnrEqZtdb88ajmqcrsyd5mDvb5fV
address: 1KnhfwV4RRvbKrY1VR1pkHpzvCcooK38NW
address: 1HwsWkGAAiqtpPQYsgiHJrNQiEKJwHpYGm
address: 188sT3jqWUSrpt5VP78NyLDzLoR2E3GzGg

These addresses were listed in the exact same order as they appear in Countewallet (if you want to check, go to https://counterwallet.io, login with again control teacher mountain truck spoken false acid rainbow imagination separate learn and compare).
Also, --search-depth works fine with higher values (I tried 35, 50 and 125), so I don’t see why you can’t do the same to find your address. If you’re concerned about security, execute CounterwalletHelper.py offline.

If there is no evidence that the address belongs to the wallet you’re accessing, there’s no “wrong transaction” (i.e. you’re in a wrong wallet).

I will have to keep persevering, hopefully we will find it. Thank You for your assistance

You’re welcome. Let us know if you need help with running CounterwalletHelper.py, that’s probably the fastest way to determine whether the address belongs to the wallet you’re using or not.

https://github.com/petertodd/bips/blob/master/bip-0032.mediawiki#Master_key_generation has details on how addresses are derived from the pass phrase.

Would this be my transaction and missing bitcoin? I have spent hours trying to find the transaction

Bitcoin block explorer and currency statistics
Home
Charts
Stats
Markets
API
Wallet
English

Bitcoin Address Addresses are identifiers which you use to send bitcoins to another person.
Summary
Address 19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe
Hash 160 5ce0b5ba803853a8acc8d2df4c263d03b94824da
Tools Taint Analysis - Related Tags - Unspent Outputs
Transactions
No. Transactions 71

Total Received 2.42951315 BTC

Final Balance 2.42951315 BTC

Request Payment Donation Button

Transactions (Oldest First) Filter
38d865affc3609d1ab0c6f0e3e29db09e0ab88723676864beb60bf0a5c06e31d2015-06-23 11:15:35
1HNDrAE91ETd6UvmREXMF6BrFQB1oQdqrH
19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe 1 BTC
1 BTC

This was a screen shot on the day of the transaction on June 23 2015

Transfer was from this account

1F6GFtxyRZJtNcz7bMqRa34TrcsvEakAiJ

to

19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe

Transfer was from this account1F6GFtxyRZJtNcz7bMqRa34TrcsvEakAiJ

to 19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe

Still can’t find the bitcoin.

As I mentioned above; the transfer was certainly not from 1F6GFtxyRZJtNcz7bMqRa34TrcsvEakAiJ.
That address has never had any transactions.

19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe received 1 BTC from 1HNDrAE91ETd6UvmREXMF6BrFQB1oQdqrH.
https://blockchain.info/tx/38d865affc3609d1ab0c6f0e3e29db09e0ab88723676864beb60bf0a5c06e31d, as you noted. But that’s not going to help you if the receiving address doesn’t belong to your wallet. And there is no need to investigate the source address either (although it raises eyebrows that you are confused about the sending address as well!).

All you need to do is run CounterpartyHelper.py as explained above, find private key for 19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe and then from Counterwallet sweep that address to import BTC from it (or keep adding regular addresses in Counterwallet until 19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe appears in it).
If CounterwalletHelper.py doesn’t list 19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe even when you set search depth to 100, then address 19U6MmLLumsqxXSBMB5FgYXbezgXYC6Gpe does not belong to the wallet you’re using.

https://blockchain.info/address/1HNDrAE91ETd6UvmREXMF6BrFQB1oQdqrH

Does this block chain make any sense?

If you have another, unrelated question, please create another post.
I assume this topic is about an address that allegedly disappeared from your wallet (but you cannot prove it despite clear instructions on how to do that).
If you cannot prove the address belongs to your wallet, this topic can be considered closed.

P.S. There is nothing wrong with that other address’es chain of transactions.