Volunteer info

The counterparty charter is for the community to self-organize and identify what needs to be done and then to get it done. At least that is how I interpret it.

I think it makes sense if everybody who is able to volunteer some time for helping XCP grow posted a brief here, eg. their skill set, amount of time they have available, project interests, etc.

This way, like minded people can easily find each other and more efficiently coordinate to get things done.

I am a generalist and while I am not the best in any specific area, I can contribute in a wide variety of areas. I can’t work all the time on XCP as I have some NXT work I am doing (NXT founders entrusted me to manage nearly 3 million NXT), but I work about 100 hours per week (no joke) in crypto. I see a bright future for both NXT and XCP and even have some ideas on how they can enhance each other.

As a relatively large BTC burner, I am fully motivated to maximize the value of XCP.

James

Thanks for setting this thread up James. Hopefully it will be helpful to help the community organize at the marketing/PR, technical and economic (trading/market making) levels.

That is my hope. With over 1000 people in the counterparty team, there really shouldn’t be anything that we can’t accomplish fairly efficiently.

We just need to know what skillsets and time availability exist. Sort of a decentralized centralization, or is it a centralized decentralization :slight_smile:

The important thing is to figure out what needs to get done and then quickly assemble a team to do it and then getting it done.

James

I’m interested in helping out where I can.

I can help from a technical side - software issues etc and general support. I’m in Sydney so I can cover the Asia-Pacific timezones.

[quote author=Global_trade_repo link=topic=29.msg90#msg90 date=1391477207]
I’m interested in helping out where I can.

I can help from a technical side - software issues etc and general support. I’m in Sydney so I can cover the Asia-Pacific timezones.
[/quote]
Welcome aboard the XCP train! Do you have HTML or programming experience?

I have experiencing with branding and marketing. I should be able to wip up a short teaser video for xcp to get people excited about it :slight_smile:

[quote author=reader31 link=topic=29.msg101#msg101 date=1391485731]
I have experiencing with branding and marketing. I should be able to wip up a short teaser video for xcp to get people excited about it :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Great!

Thanks for the invite, James. And hi there to all!  :slight_smile:

As I said in the bitcointalk thread, I’m a copywriter and can help out with any PR materials. (Shameless plug: also ready to work on personal projects for XCP or BTC). What I forgot to mention back there is that I have an academic background in Computer Science (10+ years ago seems almost like another life!) so I can handle a good deal of the tech stuff and make it interesting and as easy as possible for the lay person to understand.

I have make home page translation to other altcoin before to my native language and I know from my work few other countries peoples who are maybe interesting make  translations also if offer some small bounty.

Hi,

I’m going to be helping out where I can. If anyone has any tasks that need completing or would like to have informal discussions, please let me know.

- Matt

[quote author=Jl777 link=topic=29.msg92#msg92 date=1391478560]
Welcome aboard the XCP train! Do you have HTML or programming experience?
[/quote]

Yes, my background is software development - but more around server side software rather than web or client side.