[Swarm] [Role] Meetup Group Organizer

[font=verdana]Running a meetup group is a great way to position yourself as a "go to" person in the Counterparty community in your area. There's no need to ask permission to become one of our meetup group organizers - you're encouraged to start a new group anywhere in the world - and you'll have the full support of the founders. [/font]
[font=verdana]
[color=#ff0000][size=1.35em]Get a 100 XCP bonus when you become the first to start a Counterparty meetup group in one of these cities:[/size][/color][/font]

We're looking for volunteers to run Counterparty meetup groups in the following 20 cities -
[list]
[li][font=verdana]San Francisco[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Tel Aviv[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Los Angeles[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Seattle[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]New York City[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Boston[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]London[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Toronto[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Chicago[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Paris[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Sydney[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Sao Paulo[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Moscow[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Berlin[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Waterloo[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Singapore[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Melbourne[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Bangalore[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Santiago[/font][/li]
[/list][font=verdana]
[color=rgb(255, 0, 0)][size=1.35em]Get a 50 XCP bonus when you become the first to start a Counterparty meetup group in any other city.[/size][/color][/font]

If you live in another city (i.e. it must be a metropolitan area) not on this list, you can still get 50 XCP by starting a meetup there!

[size=1.45em]Instructions:[/size]

With either of the above, simply -
[list]
[li][font=verdana]Go to meetup.com, start your group, and PM me with the information.[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]We'll link to your group on the main site, and tweet about it. [/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Promote your group and get at least 5 people to come along.[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]PM me to let me know how your first event went.[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Get 25 XCP to cover the meetup.com costs and an extra 25 (or 75) XCP as a little bonus from us![/font][/li]
[/list][font=verdana]Use this thread to -
[/font][list]
[li][font=verdana]Introduce yourself.[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Get tips from experienced meetup group facilitators.[/font][/li]
[li][font=verdana]Help draft some best practice around running a successful meetup group.[/font][/li]
[/list]

As a meetup group organizer, I think one of the most important things you can do to build membership is to speak at local Bitcoin related meetup groups.

My experience is that these groups always need presenters, and I’m making a point of mentioning our London meetup group - both in the presentation itself - and to pretty much everyone I chat with afterwards.

I’d definitely recommend forming good relationships with the organizers of local “crypto” groups in your area, and getting really well known within the wider community.

When building membership, we can also play on the fact that we’re a grass roots organisation, in a way that most projects aren’t. Mastercoin, for example, is encumbered by a foundation, which centralizes power and influence. Counterparty, on the other hand, is much closer to the ideal of being a community of equals.

Hello,
Just registered. I’m interested in becoming a meetup group organizer in Brussels. I’m one of the founders of the local BTC community (since August 2011) and close to the local chapter of the Bitcoin Foundation. I know all the major players in the Benelux area and wish to promote Counterparty. I discovered you on twitter and started following you.
Best!
@GerardWilling

[quote author=OPEN-CAST link=topic=361.msg2553#msg2553 date=1402071548]
Hello,
Just registered. I’m interested in becoming a meetup group organizer in Brussels. I’m one of the founders of the local BTC community (since August 2011) and close to the local chapter of the Bitcoin Foundation. I know all the major players in the Benelux area and wish to promote Counterparty. I discovered you on twitter and started following you.
Best!
@GerardWilling
[/quote]

Hi Gerard,

That’s great! I’ll PM you now.

Have also followed you back.

Thanks,

Niki

Hey Niki getting started with the LA one. I have already been talking to people since the last few LA meetup groups I have gone too. If I can learn enough about XCP with what I am doing then I can most likely speak about my asset offering and what i was able to discover.

http://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Counterparty-Meetup/?scheduleNow=true

Ill probably have the first one at Bitropolis. Brock Pierce is always a good host to local LA bitcoin meetups. Ill contact them and see what I can arrange.

[quote author=Sebuh link=topic=361.msg2677#msg2677 date=1402824299]
http://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Counterparty-Meetup/?scheduleNow=true
[/quote]

Great! I’ve added you here -

https://www.counterparty.co/meetups

… let me know when you have a date for the first one, and we’ll do a tweet about it.

In terms of what we’re calling the members of these groups. Shall we standardize?

So far we have -
[list]
[li]Counterparty Enthusiasts[/li]
[li]Counterpartiers[/li]
[li]Counterparts[/li]
[/list]Which one do people like best, or any other ideas?

Can we be called Counterparty users, or even DEx users? I think anything else is just a tad bit pretentious. I personally favor DEx users, because Counterparty will always have lay to the title of world’s first DEx, and this way you can invite anyone into ‘Bitcoin 2.0’ without calling it Bitcoin 2.0.

IMHO, it isn’t good to solely focus on “Counterpartiers” or “Ethereumites”, or even Bitcoiners. I don’t like being called a Bitcoiner.

My last thought is, it would be cool to promote Buttonwoods. Why not try doing DEx trades at Satoshi Square? Does anyone know if Counterwallet is ready for mobile phones? We need more Buttonwoods, and I see a real opportunity to speerhead P2P securities trading at those events. Doing a buttonwood with DEx trading would likely lead to far greater exposure than sitting around in an echo chamber discussing things.

ALT Things Cryptocurrency meetup just launched and added "CounterParty" and "bitcoin 2.0" topics to meetup.com worldwide
http://www.meetup.com/cryptocurrencies

If you are in or around San Jose, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Cupertino, South Bay Area etc. Please join and let us know what days/times work best for our very first meetup! Of course you can still join if you are not around the area. We welcome all and encourage inspiration, teamwork and bright ideas… like COUNTERPARTY!

Cheers Team!

Great news, we now have a new Counterparty meetup group starting up in Boston -

http://www.meetup.com/Boston-Counterparty-Meetup

… first meeting will be on Tue Sep 30th.

Is anyone interested in a Counterparty Meetup group in Dublin, Ireland? Dublin is big financial center of Europe.