[REQ] Better price/market discovery in Counterwallet

I’d like to request a feature to allow better discovery of what markets are available on the DEX.

It isn’t easy to find out which markets exist because I have to first select the asset pairs I’m interested in finding the price for. Most combinations of asset pairs don’t have any orders.

I’d like to suggest that the View Prices tab be modified (or a new tab created) for a ‘Markets’ view. The default market view will be based upon every asset pair that has an order (inverse pairs are represented only once ie XCP/BTC and BTC/XCP). The decision on which asset is the first in the pair can be done by the asset which has the highest market cap). The view can be a grid similar to the top assets and include information such as last order match, volume.

The grid view should first show all entries first and the grid can be filtered down by 2 drop down list boxes which correspond to the first and second asset in the pair.

Clicking on any column heading changes the sort order of the grid.

Clicking on the asset pair takes you to the Buy/Sell page for that pair

Where there is no corresponding bid or ask for that pair, the grid displays an empty or zero.

Text mock up
<br />Filter&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | Asset 1 | Asset 2 |<br /><br />Market&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; | Highest Ask | Highest Bid | Order Depth | 24 hr Volume | 24 hour % change <br />BTC/XCP&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 0.004 |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 0.0039 |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 30 |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 100 BTC |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; -1.5<br />BTC/GOLD&nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 1.5 |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 0 |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 1 |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 0 BTC |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 0<br />MEAT/POKEMON |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 290 |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 2 |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 30 BTC |&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 0<br />

We’ve had the same problems as Global_trade_repo trying to conduct price discovery. Entering pairs into Counterwallet means I need to know what assets exists, a priori, and I usually just don’t bother.

I think this proposal is an excellent one to get us started on finding attractive market opportunities on the Dex.

I give it 2 THUMBS UP!

+1 we are also having trouble with this as we intend to use the DEX as a pricing mechanism for our auctions per our earlier conversations with cityglut.  This would be a good first step.

This is a good idea. Let me give it some thought and slate it (or something like it) in for 1.2 or 1.3 (i.e. within the next month).

EDIT: Opened ticket for this at https://github.com/xnova/counterwallet/issues/84

Added in https://github.com/xnova/counterblockd/commit/12e16bdd77774f7eb329a5769e7eeb09e0bfd30b and https://github.com/xnova/counterwallet/commit/a80ec928e80cd9274f215f66b36e75703177eca7

will be live in production shortly (next few days)

Excellent. I’m looking forward to this. I think it will be a good step towards bringing liquidity to the DEX.

[quote author=Global_trade_repo link=topic=253.msg2143#msg2143 date=1398865594]
Excellent. I’m looking forward to this. I think it will be a good step towards bringing liquidity to the DEX.
[/quote]

+1
Yes! Very exciting!