My counterwallet "reset"?! help!

and yet I’ve just had the same problem and the old address didn’t appear having now created x5 new addresses.

If that is true, then should there not be an option to scan those for accounts that already have transactions and make those visible?.. or better that the wallet displays any address that does have activity by default unless user hides them in a way that’s still available later.

Mine is https://blockscan.com/address?q=1NAviXBhvniHntjD8wtUUyvUC76rNahtfk and while I haven’t used that account for a while, it’s not good that the login behaves as if I’m creating a new wallet. That could easily confuse a noob user or someone who hasn’t made a note of their private key. In my case, I have the private key and understand this well enough not to be worried… I could import to a new address but I’d rather not do that.

How do I encourage the wallet to rescan?.. Do I keep making new addresses until it stumbles over the one it should be displaying? Is this bug being worked on?? Is there a way to remove==hide an address from the wallet display, if it has no activity?? Surely a wallet should display all addresses linked to that, which have had activity?.. Users do not care for the complexity of making that happen, they will care about a system and wallet that appears inconsistent.

@something off topic but I wonder if the Unicode issue with that same address/asset was fixed … see Unicode asset description - #5 by davidpbrown

Edit: afterthought… or if scanning of all addresses in the wallet is impractical, perhaps just an option to prompt that one address is considered and represented?