How I can destroy asset?

Today in Chit Chat Shaban speak he try send some part of asset to Counterparty burning address and that can see in burning but asset still stay in address. I have also try send some assets what I have accidentally made there but that have always stay in my wallet.

Are there some way how can destroy assets or part of that so that is impossible get back after destroy?

I haven’t checked but wouldn’t be surprised if Counterwallet doesn’t let you send to 1CounterpartyXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUWLpVr.

Try 1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE instead.

Note that any block explorer / statistic won’t know your asset has been burned. Only humans will understand that this address holds no known private key, hence the “burn”.

Or you can go to blockchain.info and pick the first address you see, then send it to that address.

This will not destroy the asset. It will just send the asset to a person who may or may not realize he received it.

If you send to 1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE it is 100% certain the asset is destroyed.

Technically, you’re right.

Technically, it won’t be really destroyed, it will be sent to an address at which it is extremely unlikely that it will ever be transacted with again. But I do agree this is much closer to the definition of destroyed than my approach.

Wouldn’t OP_Return be a perfect solution here? That way you can still send the assets to an address that you control (can sign for) but you simply can’t spend that particular OP_Return output?

If the goal is to simply get rid of an asset, then it can be sent anywhere.

The devs say the Counterparty (original) burn address is disabled as destination to prevent accidental destruction of assets. As mentioned above, if the goal is simply to make an asset go away, just send it to any bitcoin address (a list posted here - List of Burn Addresses (addresses without known private key) contains a long list of “burn” addresses which in all likelihood don’t belong to anyone, and that’s a “cleaner” approach).