Getting -32000 RPC error on accessing my testnet address

n3aCGc8C5ythCKW1XokwLTDveMxyL6nJth
I cannot even attach it as a "watch only" address.
The Counterwallet alerts 32000 error and stops to work at all.

http://screencast.com/t/5wiFzMnR

I tried on beta.counterwallet.co and saw the problem. I’ll try to find the answer.

Thank you!

Hi  @SillyWilly

The issue was fixed an hour ago and is deployed on https://beta.counterwallet.io.
If you’re concerned about using a self-signed certificate you can create a new wallet and try to watch your address from it.
Few days later this fix should be deployed on the main production servers as well.
Thanks a lot!

I would like to update counterpartyd/counterwallet on my server after the fix is out.
Is there any "howto" with update instructions?

Looks like not everything was fixed.

This is what I got while trying to burn some BTC for XCP:

I’m on iPad now and cannot see the image (the forums s/w…) but I hope you tried that on testnet (and for me it worked earlier this week).
As far as the sweep fix is concerned it is somewhere in the github beta repo I guess, but I wouldn’t suggest to try to copy that single file. It’s best to wait until the fix makes it to at least develop which could be a few days from now.
I’ll take a look at the screenshot later from desktop.

@SillyWilly I can see the error. 

1) I just tried on beta.counterwallet.io and it worked for me
It may have been transient. A dev will look into that.
2) I sent you 5 testnet XCP (enough for some asset creation, etc.) to get you through for time being.

@SillyWilly did you get the burn error on beta.counterwallet.io or another server?

@something yes, I get this error on beta.counterwallet.io with testnet on.

I can send you a passphrase for the wallet to test.

If that’s a testnet pass phrase send it to me via PM please.

The beta box hung up (it’s low on resources so it happens more frequently than it should). 

A dev tested the pass phrase on his own beta box with the same (develop branch) code and it works fine.
We’ll try to recover the beta instance but it may act unpredictably again, so the best hope is to get that code deployed to mainnet instances. I don’t have a schedule for that yet, but I’ll find out.

If you have enough space on your PC (60GB of HDD space, 2GB of RAM) you can setup your Fed Node in a VirtualBox VM, but I know that’s a lot to ask for. We’ll try to sort out the beta box and I’ll post an update here once I have some news.
If you have enough space on your PC (60GB of HDD space, 2GB of RAM) you can setup your Fed Node in a VirtualBox VM, but I know that's a lot to ask for. We'll try to sort out the beta box and I'll post an update here once I have some news.
I already have a Federated Node installed on DigitalOcean's SSD droplet.
But not the latest version installed (9.47.1).
So still have problems with -32000 error there.

Ofcourse I made a new test address with test assets. But we are beware of using Counterparty as a platform for our projects because of this issue...

@SillyWilly a new “master” is out and it should contain the fixes.

The same code will be uploaded to CW servers later today (Jan 6).

@something  are there any instructions on how to upgrade installed Fed.Node to a new version?

Yeah, all over the place.

Basically if you already have an addrindex version of bitcoind and have installed it in the usual place, stop all services and then:
sudo python3 /home/xcp/counterpartyd_build/setup_federated_node.py

Then select “U” (to update).

If you halfway in the process you get some github conflict errors, you can simply delete offending files, e.g. I had one JS file in /home/xcp/counterwallet/src/ and another was pip-requirements.txt (in another directory in /home/xcp path, I just removed those and restarted the update procedure). I reported these bugs but in the current release the fixes are not there yet.
Don’t forget to add these to your bitcoin.conf file(s).
rpcthreads=1000
rpctimeout=300

Thanks!

I cannot get counterblockd to work after updating (although counterpartyd works ok).
Any ideas?

/home/xcp/.config/counterblockd-testnet# tail counterblockd.log

2015-01-09-T17:52:43+0000:INFO:siofeeds:Starting up socket.io server (chat feed)...
2015-01-09-T17:52:43+0000:INFO:startup:Starting up counterpartyd block feed poller...
2015-01-09-T17:52:43+0000:WARNING:startup:Support email setting not set: To enable, please specify an email for the 'support-email' setting in your counterblockd.conf
2015-01-09-T17:52:43+0000:INFO:startup:Starting up RPC API handler...
2015-01-09-T17:52:43+0000:WARNING:database:Pruning to block 317520 ...
2015-01-09-T17:52:43+0000:WARNING:util:Got call_jsonrpc_api request error: [Errno 111] Connection refused -- Waiting 3 seconds before trying again...
2015-01-09-T17:52:43+0000:INFO:tasks:Revised wallet statistics for partial day 2015-1-9: {'referers': [], 'network': 'testnet', 'login_count': 3, 'distinct_login_count': 2, 'new_count': 0}
2015-01-09-T17:52:46+0000:WARNING:util:Got call_jsonrpc_api request error: [Errno 111] Connection refused -- Waiting 3 seconds before trying again...
2015-01-09-T17:52:49+0000:WARNING:util:Got call_jsonrpc_api request error: [Errno 111] Connection refused -- Waiting 3 seconds before trying again...
2015-01-09-T17:52:51+0000:WARNING:util:Got call_jsonrpc_api request error: [Errno 111] Connection refused -- Waiting 3 seconds before trying again...
Are bitcoind and counterpartyd running and responding on testnet?

It's late where I live so probably you should jump on the technical chat and see if there are any gurus available:
https://gitter.im/CounterpartyXCP/Technical

Just for your and others' reference, here's how to rebuild the counterblock DB, but I don't know if that's your problem:
http://support.counterparty.io/solution/categories/5000010746/folders/5000166809/articles/5000537319-how-to-reparse-counterblock-database-
That's what I had to do after an upgrade, but I ran into several small issues so I can't remember if I saw that exact error.
My symptom was that counterblockd-testnet couldn't start while bitcoind-testnet and counterpartyd-testnet were running fine. And I had the same problem on mainnet. But it could always be something else, not all cases ar the same.