Counterparty wallet

[size=15px][font=Arial]If I was to purchase some XCP from an exchange, can I then send the funds to a normal bitcoin address, or do I need a separate counterparty wallet/address? Thanks for your help :)[/font][/size]

[quote author=Wuke link=topic=178.msg1212#msg1212 date=1394635463]
[size=15px][font=arial]If I was to purchase some XCP from an exchange, can I then send the funds to a normal bitcoin address, or do I need a separate counterparty wallet/address? Thanks for your help :slight_smile: [/font][/size]
[/quote]

Yes, that’s right: a BTC address is the same thing as an XCP address.

Thanks

[quote author=cityglut link=topic=178.msg1213#msg1213 date=1394636057]
[size=15px][font=arial]If I was to purchase some XCP from an exchange, can I then send the funds to a normal bitcoin address, or do I need a separate counterparty wallet/address? Thanks for your help :slight_smile: [/font][/size]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful… if you just send them to a BTC wallet address, you won’t technically lose the XCP, but it won’t show up in your wallet. To actually control the XCP in your wallet, you have to go through the rigamarole of installing counterpartyd - hours of reindexing the blockchain, installing and building from source - etc.

[quote author=biophil link=topic=178.msg1240#msg1240 date=1394733494]
[quote author=cityglut link=topic=178.msg1213#msg1213 date=1394636057]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Careful… if you just send them to a BTC wallet address, you won’t technically lose the XCP, but it won’t show up in your wallet. To actually control the XCP in your wallet, you have to go through the rigamarole of installing counterpartyd - hours of reindexing the blockchain, installing and building from source - etc.
[/quote]

Or wait until the web wallet - counterwallet

Make a paper wallet and send it there, once the webwallet is ready, you can import the private keys in there.

[quote author=kdrop20 link=topic=178.msg1254#msg1254 date=1394763292]
Make a paper wallet and send it there, once the webwallet is ready, you can import the private keys in there.
[/quote]

Note: Counterwallet does have sweep functionality, which theoretically allows XCP and BTC to be transferred into the account with a private key provided (no counterpartyd needed). Personally I haven’t tested it since I don’t have testnet paper wallets lying around, but the choice is there. You’re free to try it however during the beta test.