CIP28 - Broadcast Token Name System (BTNS)

Today I am proud to announce the ‘Broadcast Token Naming System (BTNS)’ spec, which enables various projects to play around with alternate token naming systems in a easy-to-use and scalable format.

Similar to BRC-20 and SRC-20, tokens may be created, minted, and transferred via the DEPLOY, MINT, and TRANSFER actions. The difference here is that the BTNS is an OPEN system which only focuses on creating tokens in the simplest and scalable way, and ignores any additional unnecessary requirements (such as that data must live in UTXOs, or that a DEPLOY must use keyburn).

I feel it is very important to separate technical specs (how to perform a valid action), from project-specific dogma and additional requirements.

The BTNS system is an open system which anyone can use to experiement and mint Tokens immediately using Counterparty Broadcasts.

I have just minted the first 3 tokens on the “Broadcast Token Name System (BTNS)”:

JDOG
This is a 1/1 token just for bragging rights

TEST
This is a token with 1,000 supply, minted 1 token at a time, up to 1000 people can mint a TEST

BRRR
This is a fun token to play with a high supply and lots of mints
Max Supply: 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 (10 Quintillion)
Mint Max: 10,000,000,000,000 (10 Trillion)

BRRR will reach max supply at 1 Million mints :slight_smile:

Hopefully you guys have some fun playing around with this new system…

1 Like