[ANN] Follow BitcoinTangible Trust & Global_trade Repo Gold Asset buy trial!

[color=blue]Product and Service Updates March 27, 2014[/color]

Introduction:
We at BitcoinTangibleTrust are happy that to launch a public, trustless trial of BitcoinTangible Trust’s gold asset purchase, custody, and issuance on the Counterparty Platform. The players in this public purchase will be:
[list type=disc]
[li]Global_trade_repo(Counterparty Forums) also known as led_cd(BitcoinTalk Forums)[/li]
[li]BitcoinTangibleTrust (Counterpart Forums) also known as BitcoinTangibleTrust(BitcoinTalk Forums)[/li]
[li]Agora Commodities[/li]
[li]DiamondState Depository[/li]
[/list]
Objective:
Our objective is to open up the BitcoinTangibleTrust process to the community in order to build trust from with our process and to validate that there is a value proposition we can continue to scale with more customers and further sales.

Our Process:
Walk with led_cd through the purchase of approximately 1 BTC of gold for custody and eventual DEX listing/trading through BitcoinTangible Trust process. led_cd will provide his public feedback on the purchase, custody, and trading process to the community. We welcome a very public exercise. We will not charge any fees to led_cd/Global_Trade_repo outside the fees from either gold sellers or our custodian partners.

The first step will be for led_cd to fill out our Order form online and inform us of his desire to make a purchase of 1 BTC of gold here: [color=blue]http://bitcointangibletrust.com/buy-gold/[/color]

Our Ask:
We look to you, the community to share any thoughts on the process and how we might improve by quoting us in the feedback we will share during the entire process. Will you help us?

Thank you Counterparty Devs and the Counterparty Community,
Bitcoin Tangible Trust Team
Cross Posted to BitcoinTalk Forums:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5938241#msg5938241

[quote author=BitcoinTangibleTrust link=topic=203.msg1620#msg1620 date=1395954055]

Our Process:
Walk with led_cd through the purchase of approximately 1 BTC of gold for custody and eventual DEX listing/trading through BitcoinTangible Trust process. led_cd will provide his public feedback on the purchase, custody, and trading process to the community. We welcome a very public exercise. We will not charge any fees to led_cd/Global_Trade_repo outside the fees from either gold sellers or our custodian partners.

The first step will be for led_cd to fill out our Order form online and inform us of his desire to make a purchase of 1 BTC of gold here: [color=blue]http://bitcointangibletrust.com/buy-gold/[/color]

[/quote]

Hi BTT, I’m really excited to be the ‘guinea pig’ for your service. To keep the correspondence between ourselves correspondence in a single threaded place I’ll post here.

I’ll be putting in an order shortly!

Just a quick question regarding the name and email address on the form. Is this part of the information that goes into identifying my holdings at the custodian or is it only my XCP/BTC address?

[quote author=Global_trade_repo link=topic=203.msg1621#msg1621 date=1395958038]

Hi BTT, I’m really excited to be the ‘guinea pig’ for your service. To keep the correspondence between ourselves correspondence in a single threaded place I’ll post here.

Just a quick question regarding the name and email address on the form. Is this part of the information that goes into identifying my holdings at the custodian or is it only my XCP/BTC address?
[/quote]

That form is just an introduction for the order.

We have another form where we will ask you for MORE information if you wish to ensure that your asset is secure with your details at sale/custoday.

We’ll move fast. Promise!

[quote author=BitcoinTangibleTrust link=topic=203.msg1623#msg1623 date=1395960122]
[quote author=Global_trade_repo link=topic=203.msg1621#msg1621 date=1395958038]

[/quote]

That form is just an introduction for the order.

We have another form where we will ask you for MORE information if you wish to ensure that your asset is secure with your details at sale/custoday.

We’ll move fast. Promise!
[/quote]

Form has been filled out  :slight_smile:

[quote author=Global_trade_repo link=topic=203.msg1624#msg1624 date=1395963801]
Form has been filled out  :slight_smile:
[/quote]

So we sent you some follow-up questions! Take a look and let us know. We’re ready to move ahead!

[font=arial][color=blue]Product and Service Updates March 31, 2014[/color]

Purchasing 1/2 Ounze of Gold with BitcoinTangibleTrust with Counterparty community member, led_cd:
Led_cd has confirmed his desired gold he wished to purchase: 1/2 Ounce of Gold American Eagle here:[color=blue]https://agoracommodities.com/product/12-oz-gold-american-eagle/[/color]
Listed Price: 1.4090 BTC
Our Price: 1.4 BTC

Agora has setup a BTC Address for BTT customer payments. Once led_cd has verified and made payment, he will receive his new Digital Gold Coin on Counterparty.

Agora has special instructions to route led_cd’s physical gold directly into custody and deliver proof of purchase to BitcoinTangibleTrust. DiamondState Depository is ready to receive the gold and confirm custody.

led_cd has a new Asset on Counterparty that will be sent to his address:
You can see the asset detail here: [color=blue]http://blockscan.com/assetinfo.aspx?q=GLDAGOAAAAAAA[/color][/font][list]
[li][font=arial][color=blue]    1 Unit for 1 Coin[/color][/font][/li]
[li][font=arial][color=blue]    Non-divisible[/color][/font][/li]
[li][font=arial][color=blue]    Callabe True[/color][/font][/li]
[/list][font=arial]NOTE: We couldn’t issue 0.5 denomination of the coin AND make it non-divisible so we went with 1. However, I wonder whether we should normalize our issuances to the same measure for precious metals, by weight, or whether we should stick to units purchased, which is our current approach. I’d welcome any community thoughts on how we might address this issue.

[color=blue]BitcoinTangibleTrust makes the news[/color]
We were surprised to learn that we were in the news today.
[color=blue]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-28/bitcoin-2-0-shows-technology-evolving-beyond-use-as-money.html[/color]
Special thanks Anotheranonlol for catching the article. We’ve been a little buried here structuring our purchase and custody process.

Thank you Counterparty Devs and the Counterparty Community,
[/font]

[quote author=BitcoinTangibleTrust link=topic=203.msg1696#msg1696 date=1396293676]

[font=arial]NOTE: We couldn’t issue 0.5 denomination of the coin AND make it non-divisible so we went with 1. However, I wonder whether we should normalize our issuances to the same measure for precious metals, by weight, or whether we should stick to units purchased, which is our current approach. I’d welcome any community thoughts on how we might address this issue.
[/font]
[/quote]

I’m happy to report everything went smoothly.

Regarding the amount to issue, for a tangible asset it should be the unit of which the asset can be physically traded. In this case although it is 0.5 an ounce, it would ordinarily be transferred from myself to another person as 1 unit.

I’m considering buying a few silver coins. Is anyone interested in trading some XCP for some silver coins  8)

[quote author=Global_trade_repo link=topic=203.msg1712#msg1712 date=1396525344]

I’m happy to report everything went smoothly.

Regarding the amount to issue, for a tangible asset it should be the unit of which the asset can be physically traded. In this case although it is 0.5 an ounce, it would ordinarily be transferred from myself to another person as 1 unit.

I’m considering buying a few silver coins. Is anyone interested in trading some XCP for some silver coins  8)
[/quote]

Thank you Global_Trade_Repo! We have more updates to come today.

And YES, we used 1 unit for the unit of your physical asset.

[quote author=BitcoinTangibleTrust link=topic=395761.msg6055298#msg6055298 date=1396544706]

[color=blue][size=14pt]Product and Service Updates April 3, 2014[/size][/color]
Our mission is to digitize all valuable assets into the Counterparty platform and to build a trustless, yet reputable service that delivers unmatched ability to access asset markets, globally.

Purchasing 1/2 Ounze of Gold with Bitcoin Tangible Trust process and Counterparty community member led_cd/Global_trade Repo:
Proof of Custody is Live!!
We have received and published Proof of Custody from DSD for led_cd’s gold. You may review the proof of custody here: http://bitcointangibletrust.com/assets/

Proof of Custody is required as part of our “Circle of Trust” for our gold buyers. Without proof of custody, your physical assets are at risk and we want to be the leading crytpo company that can both prove physical and digital asset security. What do you think of the proof? Special thanks to Counterparty community member sparta_cuss who helped us craft this policy and service offering.

[color=blue][size=14pt]New Counterparty Community Customer[/size][/color]
We have a new Counterparty Community customer who has offered to purchase $15,000 worth of Digital Gold coins with BitcoinTangible Trust. We’re still customizing the terms of custody, but will update you as soon as they are ready to go live, which we hope to announce next week at the start of the purchase process.

[color=blue][size=14pt]Help us give away five “Pieces of Eight” Digital Silver Coins[/size][/color]

We’d like to give away five Digital Silver Coins on the forums, but we need the community’s help. How would you recommend we promote our Digital Silver giveaway in such a way to promote BitcoinTangibleTrust Services, Counterparty’s DEX and to promote XCP? We want to launch the promotion on Wednesday, April 16th, right after US Tax Deadline day when everyone’s most likely depressed they had to pay taxes on their digital holdings.

Our Community Ask: Will you help us out and share just one good promotional idea that we might use?

Thank you Counterparty Devs and the Counterparty Community.

Cross Posted to Counterparty Forums: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,203.0.html

[/quote]

Advertise on the LTB Network :slight_smile: $300 per sponsor spot per show

We ARE Coming Adam! We are coming!

[color=blue]Product and Service Updates April 5, 2014[/color]
Our mission is to digitize all valuable assets into the Counterparty platform and to build a trustless, yet reputable service that delivers unmatched ability to access asset markets, globally.

Selling 1/2 Oz of Gold with Bitcoin Tangible Trust process and Counterparty community member led_cd/Global_trade Repo:
Now that we’ve completed a purchase and custody of 1/2 Oz gold with led_cd, we are reversing the transaction. We are selling gold!

Led_cd (aka Global_Trade Repo) would welcome an offer to trade the 1/2 Oz gold for BTC. Although the offer on the DEX expired, will you consider making a new offer on the DEX?  He is willing to trade 1.5 BTC for 1 GLDAGOAAAAAAA which is at a discount from current Agora price of 1.5660 BTC. If you don’t know how to trade on the DEX, but would like to purchase quickly, you may place an order online here. We are not charging any fees for purchases on our website. You may also wait for Counterwallet’s launch on Mainnet tomorrow to make an offer!

[color=blue]New BitcoinTangible Trust Sales in Silver![/color]
We have new sales in Silver! 10 Pieces of Silver purchased and we have issued new coins. This week, we will be uploading Proof of Purchase and Proof of Custody once the coins are delivered. You may see our growing catalog of physical and digital assets here: http://bitcointangibletrust.com/assets/

[color=blue]Help us give away five “Pieces of Eight” Digital Silver Coins[/color]
Thank you Counterparty Devs and the Counterparty Community on ideas you shared to promote our upcoming raffle giveaway of five “Pieces of Eight”. We were inspired by the feedback and will be exploring which idea we can implement quickly and cheaply. Special thanks to community members halfcab123 and romerun for excellent ideas!

[color=blue]BTT publishes KYC and AML Policies now online[/color]
BitcoinTangibleTrust has uploaded new KYC and AML policies online. You may review our policies here: http://bitcointangibletrust.com/knowyourcustomer_anti-moneylaundering/. If the community has any feedback or questions regarding these policies, we’d welcome hearing them.

Happy Saturday from the Bitcoin Tangible Trust Team
Cross Posted to BitcoinTalkg Forums: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg6088583#msg6088583