Talking about Bitshares

Hello everyone.  I hope everyone is having a fun 4th of July.  I’m a fan of Bitshares and have been trying to spread the word around.  Counterparty is a strong competitor for Bitshares by being one of the first decentralized exchanges.  Bitshares has a strong privacy component in addition to fast block times for custom Digital Autonomous Entities.  For me the point of Bitshares is the toolkit they’re writing to enable DACs to be created with ease.  If I am not mistaken, Invictus Innovations was founded on July the 4th.  The head dev of Bitshares is a very privacy minded.  I apologize if this is considered spam but I’d really like to reach out to other communities.  I think exchanging ideas is of great benefit to everyone.

I would also like to inform everyone of the approaching close of the Bitshares AGS (or Angelshares) crowd-funding. The longest round of crowd-funding for any crypto-equity related project to date is coming to a close with approximately two weeks remaining.  I’ll be here on countperparty.co to answer all criticisms or questions anyone has about Bitshares.  There is great benefit for people who donate to AGS right now.

The term “angel” in this context originally comes from Broadway, where it was used to describe wealthy patrons who provided money for theatrical productions. We think everyone should have a chance to be a patron angel! BitShares AGS, represent a way to gain a stake in this new and exciting industry without mining coins. The donations to the AGS fund support the research, development and creation of the BitShares technology. Those who support the fund are given public credit as 10,000 AGS shares , proportional to the amount donated. AGS donations started on January 1, 2014 and run for 199 days. BitShares AGS is a public way to document who has donated to help build the industry. Donations are used to help build software tools and a powerful ecosystem to help developers launch their new digital autonomous companies. In return, 3rd party developers may choose to give shares in their new companies as “tips” to those donors. They do this primarily as a targeted promotion to attract the support of people who are likely to contribute to their new ventures in a variety of helpful ways.

For those who do not know about Bitshares - Bitshares is a technology supported by next generation entrepreneurs, investors, and developers with a common interest in finding free market solutions by leveraging the power of globally decentralized consensus and decision making. Bitshares looks to extend the innovation of the blockchain to all industries that rely upon the internet to provide their services. Whether its banking, stock exchanges, lotteries, voting, music, auctions or many others, a digital public ledger allows for the creation of distributed autonomous companies (or DACs) that provide better quality services at a fraction of the cost incurred by their more traditional, centralized counterparts. The advent of DACs ushers in a new paradigm in organizational structure in which companies can run without any human management and under the control of an incorruptible set of business rules. These rules are encoded in publicly auditable open source software distributed across the computers of the companies’ shareholders, who effortlessly secure the company from arbitrary control. Bitshares does for business what bitcoin did for money by utilizing distributed consensus technology to create companies that are inherently global, transparent, trustworthy, efficient and most importantly profitable. 

Info on AGS - http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares_AGS

Bitshares Wiki - http://wiki.bitshares.org/

Forum -http://bitsharestalk.org/

I've been meaning to directly compare the pro's and cons of Counterparty and Bitshares (being a Newb). Are there any infographics for that specifically? Any useful information or links would be great too.

While this is thread is a bit off topic… The main difference is that Counterparty uses the Bitcoin blockchain. and Bitshares has its own Blockchain(s). But they are also attempting to accomplish slightly different goals.

Also,
Counterparty uses Bitcoin and therefore proof-of-work.
Bitshares uses some form of 'delegated proof-of-stake'.