Symbiont.io is a financial technology startup working to bridge the gap between cryptocurrency technology and mainstream finance. Our team consists of known leaders in both fields, with three of its founders having co-founded the Counterparty platform, and its other founder behind two alternative trading systems and the original LavaFlow ECN. We are looking for a frontend developer with the listed qualifications. Applicants must be intelligent and passionate self-starters who have experience working remotely, work well with a team, and can pick up new programming languages and frameworks quickly.
We are offering a competitive salary, plus benefits. We want our team members to share in our success, and to have equity to benefit from it. Native English speakers are preferred. Although you will primarily be working remotely, applicants must live within a one hour commute of Manhattan. Hours will be flexible, however.
Although we are a new company, we have already attracted significant investor interest and press coverage, and our founding team has a history of pioneering in the cryptocurrency space. By joining Symbiont, you have the opportunity to become an early, integral team member of a project to revolutionize modern finance, as well as the ability to work with (and help to define) truly cutting-edge blockchain and cryptocurrency technology.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with Angular and/or Ember.js (preferred) or similar
client-side web framework
- 1+ years experience with Python and Django (or 2+ years experience with similar web framework, and some
experience with Python)
- Extensive experience with SQL, APIs (REST, JSON-RPC, etc),
Git/GitHub (or similar RCS)
- 1+ years experience with Linux (Ubuntu and Bash experience preferred)
- Previous UI/UX design experience
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, unit testing & functional
- Previous Bitcoin development experience (or minimally, respectable
knowledge and experience with public key cryptography and
- Experience (or at a minimum, familiarity) with the other tools and
technology (beyond Django, Ember, Python, etc) powering our stack:
RabbitMQ/Celery, PostgreSQL, Redis, HAProxy, Nginx, Jquery, Selenium,
Travis, Docker/fig/Ansible, Wiki/Restructured text, AWS, NoSQL
- Previous Financial Technology (FinTech) experience – experience
working with financial systems, UI/UX
To apply for this position visit: https://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs/86268/senior-frontend-developer-symbiontio or http://www.glassdoor.com/job-listing/JV.htm?jl=1423387626