Password

I am not a fan of the 12 authentication.

1. i cannot remember 12 worlds. So now this is written down somewhere on my PC

2. this cannot be used on a mobile device. Can you imagine typing in 12 words on your phone?

It would be nice to have a simpler alternative.

It might work on mobile if UI does speech recognition. Plus you can arrange the 12 words the way you want, or use the same words multiple times for small amount of coins.

I still think it’s useful to have an option to show password while typing. It’s easy make typos on 12 words, especially on mobile, and it can’t be corrected if all it shows are stars.

I think it might be a big deal for user adoption. I really love what counterparty did with the wallet. I don’t have any wallet installed. I am not going to ever run a wallet on my pc. It makes no sense for me as a consumer. I would also never store my coins on my PC just like i will never hold money in my house.

New users are not going to install a software and then wait a week for the wallet to sync. That’s just not realistic.

I use coinbase and exchanges like btc, cryptsy masterxchange etc. to hold my btc and other coins.

So i really love what counterparty did to the wallet because i can now actually have a wallet. But the problem is that the password is so complicated that i need to write it down in a file and then copy&paste it. So when i am on the go i wont use counterparty.

I think the password situation needs to be overhauled and i need to have different option for security.

Ive been using counterwallet asmy hot wallet for a while now, yeah copying and paste is annoying, also would be nice if it supports altcoins

[quote author=romerun link=topic=338.msg2401#msg2401 date=1400639694]
Ive been using counterwallet asmy hot wallet for a while now, yeah copying and paste is annoying, also would be nice if it supports altcoins
[/quote]

So you have been using counterparty as a BTC wallet which is easier than wallet thats a full node like bitcoin-q?

That’s interesting. Kinda make sense. NEver thought of it that way :slight_smile: I use coinbase as my trusted wallet.