JSON-API connection problems

I am working on a web. frontend for counterparty and having problems connecting to the RPC server. The response I am getting from the RPC object is

[tt]Incorrect response id (request id: 1, response id:[/tt]

I have the daemon listening on default port 4000 and rpc username and password set in the counterpartyd.conf file.
Am I missing something ? I am connecting from the localhost.

Thanks xnova, I may be using a PHP json RPC library which does not support the 2.0 spec, and does not correctly encodes the payload.
Will try to find another.

Thank you again.

I have successfully built a front end that uses the get_balances and get_address JSON-RPC API calls (will make it public as soon as I get more functionalities).
I had to write my own json-rpc library using curl and basic auth since none of what I was able to find worked for me.
If someone finds a PHP JSON-RPC library which works with counterparty please report it, since I don’t want to reinvent the wheel and this must have been done a thousand of times.

Hey Guys, I seem to have an issue with the proper jsonrpc lib …

edit - the bugs with setuptools were related to s.t. weird in the python setuptools and pip, not to jsonrpc.

now I still have to find out which jsonrpc counterpartyd is using …

any hints would be appreciated  ??? (went over to the technical thread)

You may double check if you have all the dependencies installed.
Although you are on bleeding edge Ubuntu, that’s asking for problems  ???
By the way you should start a new post since this is unrelated to the JSON-RPC API and may find better answers elsewhere.

Good luck.

[quote author=cryptrol link=topic=27.msg140#msg140 date=1391530157]
I have successfully built a front end that uses the get_balances and get_address JSON-RPC API calls (will make it public as soon as I get more functionalities).
I had to write my own json-rpc library using curl and basic auth since none of what I was able to find worked for me.
If someone finds a PHP JSON-RPC library which works with counterparty please report it, since I don’t want to reinvent the wheel and this must have been done a thousand of times.
[/quote]

If you do find one that works, as well as have an example of a working API call to counterpartyd using PHP, please post it here and I’ll get it into the API docs.

Added a PHP example here: http://counterpartyd.readthedocs.org/en/develop/API.html#php-example

(thanks to cryptrol that posted something like it originally on BCT!)