Fednode install error

Hello, I’d like to ask for help. I’ve been trying to install fednode and got this error:

logname: no login name Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/bin/fednode", line 370, in main() File "/usr/local/bin/fednode", line 180, in main setup_env() File "/usr/local/bin/fednode", line 138, in setup_env SESSION_USER = subprocess.check_output("logname", shell=True).decode("utf-8").strip() File "/usr/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py", line 626, in check_output **kwargs).stdout File "/usr/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py", line 708, in run output=stdout, stderr=stderr) subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'logname' returned non-zero exit status 1

Can anybody help?

It appears that the ‘logname’ program is failing to return your username.

‘logname’ is supposed to return your current username. Since logname is not returning your username, the installation is failing because it is unable to determine installation paths, etc.

We have had one other user report a similar issue. He was able to fix the issue by replacing the ‘logname’ command with the ‘whoami’ command.

2 Likes

Thank you, it worked :slight_smile:

Good point.

I think a workaround may be to not run the installer from a Gnome (or whatever) terminal, but from a real shell.

Or as you say just change the command in the script before you begin.