Counterparty Foundation Election 2015 (March 19th - April 16th)

I am nominating myself, Devon Weller, as a candidate for Community Director.

Name

Devon Weller

Bio

I have worked full time as a professional internet applications developer for the last 15 years. In early 2013 I bought my first bitcoin and I have been hopelessly obsessed with cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology ever since.

I am excited about Bitcoin and Counterparty because I have a vision of a world where anyone can effortlessly represent physical items and services with cryptographically secure tokens. By removing the friction between trading goods and services we can dramatically improve the lives of many people around the world. In short, tokens just work better.

Counterparty combines the security, decentralization and widespread adoption of the bitcoin network with the rapid innovation of a new protocol. These are the things that make Counterparty the best platform for the coming tokenization revolution.

I served as the project manager for the launch of LTBcoin which is the rewards token for the Let’s Talk Bitcoin network. We chose Counterparty because it was and is the best solution for our needs. I am currently co-founder and CTO of Tokenly along with Adam B. Levine and Nick Rathman. We are building fully open source tools and services on top of Counterparty to help create a peer-to-peer tokenzied world that looks a little more like the one I described above.

Our mission at Tokenly is aligned with the needs of other Counterparty developers and the community. Our goal is to build tools that will help the entire Counterparty ecosystem grow. A growing and thriving user base is essential for all of us.

As a Community Director, my efforts will go toward promoting the growth of Counterparty in all ways. But I am especially interested in growing adoption of the protocol beyond just the reference Python implementation. As a first step toward this goal, I am currently leading a project to document the protocol specification.

In summary, this is why I am a good choice to represent you, dear community member, as a Community Director this year:

• I have a deep conviction that we can change the world by enabling frictionless exchange of value, goods and services through tokenization
  • I have been closely involved with LTBCOIN, the most active asset on Counterparty, since its beginning
  • As a co-founder of Tokenly I have a strong interest in seeing Counterparty thrive
  • I am actively building open source tools for Counterparty at https://github.com/tokenly
  • I am leading a project to document the low-level Counterparty specifications at https://github.com/tokenly/counterparty-spec
  • I am a Lifetime Member of the Counterparty Foundation

Picture

Devon Weller

Bitcoin Address with at least 50 XCP

1H9zNf1E7H55SQpm16p2xMU2tRfdNgG5YQ

Broadcast Transaction ID

e972aecc5a7b48706b7ab8822094e19932f60238af35516a219c53818845db01

7 Likes