Counterparty AE vs NXT AE. What is better?

Right now it seems that the XCP AE is more feature rich but the NXT AE has more volume.

I’m looking to launch a major project on one of these platforms and I need help in deciding. My asset will not pay dividends but it is a nice feature.

[quote author=xcpmoon link=topic=478.msg2949#msg2949 date=1406808026]
Right now it seems that the XCP AE is more feature rich but the NXT AE has more volume.

I’m looking to launch a major project on one of these platforms and I need help in deciding. My asset will not pay dividends but it is a nice feature.
[/quote]

Do you need help with specific answers?

Basically in general, are my statements correct? And is there anything else that I need to be made aware of? I’m thinking Nxt purely because of the volume but I would rather accept BTC (which counterwallet does).

[quote author=xcpmoon link=topic=478.msg2962#msg2962 date=1406854117]
Basically in general, are my statements correct? And is there anything else that I need to be made aware of? I’m thinking Nxt purely because of the volume but I would rather accept BTC (which counterwallet does).
[/quote]

If you compared and checked and if NXT has more volume, then that’s true.  I think yesterday or the day before there was a comparison chart posted on the XCP ANN thread on Bitcointalk.org, maybe you can check the last few pages (from 460 on).

As you say you’d prefer to accept BTC, so that may be one of criteria you should value higher.
Make a list of each thing you care about, assign each a score and weight and see where that takes you.
[font=Verdana]If I were to crowdfund I’d consider the cost, security (blockchain used), funding token BTC (wich you mention) and the project itself (whether it’s premined, etc.).[/font]

Different people have different priorities and appreciate different features and that’s why competing solutions (think Coke and Pepsi or Windows, Linux and BSD/OS X) can exist at the same time.

[quote author=something link=topic=478.msg2964#msg2964 date=1406867941]
[quote author=xcpmoon link=topic=478.msg2962#msg2962 date=1406854117]
[/quote]

If you compared and checked and if NXT has more volume, then that’s true.  I think yesterday or the day before there was a comparison chart posted on the XCP ANN thread on Bitcointalk.org, maybe you can check the last few pages (from 460 on).

As you say you’d prefer to accept BTC, so that may be one of criteria you should value higher.
Make a list of each thing you care about, assign each a score and weight and see where that takes you.
[font=verdana]If I were to crowdfund I’d consider the cost, security (blockchain used), funding token BTC (wich you mention) and the project itself (whether it’s premined, etc.).[/font]

Different people have different priorities and appreciate different features and that’s why competing solutions (think Coke and Pepsi or Windows, Linux and BSD/OS X) can exist at the same time.
[/quote]

Thanks! I’ll try to dig it up. I know Nxt has one but it was quite bias. One last thing that I have noticed. On the XCP AE because the orders are through the blockchain, it takes quite some time to execute a trade (between 10-60 minutes), whereas Nxt seems instant. Is that true?

I haven’t looked for a while but AFAIK they have their own blockchain and I would think it’s faster, but on the other hand they have to maintain and care about it, whereas Bitcoin running on thousands of nodes and as far as I can tell is considered the most mature and secure.

Improvements in the Counterparty DEX may make trading with BTC faster (I think some improvements may appear within a week or two), but if your asset won’t be day-traded a lot, it may not be a big deal. If you hope that it be traded by many users and often, then you may want to pay attention to this. If, on the other hand, your asset is (more or less) targeted at buy-and-hold investors, then longer trade execution time may not be seen as critical.