Can asset be issued by anyone?

Hi
I have read that only one address has the ownership of one specific token and only this address is able to ‘issue additional’.
I wonder, whether it is somehow possible to have a token, that can be reissued by anyone and also change the description by anyone, however the “lock issuance” as well as the “transfer ownership” should not be available.
What I essentially want to do is a token-source where anyone can take tokens from, alter their description and send them anywhere.

It is not possible to have any non-owning address change issuance characteristics. If it were, anyone could destroy whatever assets have been issued by other people.

The issuing address controls the asset. Control can be transferred to another address which can control it and then transfer control to the previous, or any other address. But at any given time there is only one controlling address.

You could create a script that transfers a given asset (you have control of) to anyone who applies, but once they control it, it’s up to them to decide whether they want to keep doing that. Maybe you could incentivize them to transfer the asset back to the previous (your) address, but you would probably have to pay them in some asset that is worth something. It is not possible to transfer control on the Distributed Exchange, so the owner would have to use Counterwallet or some type of Web form that uses the Counterparty API.

Such asset would be worthless, I think, so it is unlikely that people would want to own it.

I wonder OP is asking if XCP assets can be colored. I’m not aware of that being possible but perhaps it would be an attractive feature? If you can transfer a specific instance of an asset - one unique Satoshi equivalent, then it becomes inherently useful. Someone could issue a currency named houses and use those as property transfer.

Perhaps, hope he can clarify.

There are free alphanumeric assets that could represent one unit of something (if issued in the quantity of 1 indivisible unit).
That doesn’t do the same thing as colored coins, but may be okay for some use cases.
As far as I know there is no way to distinguish one token from another token with the same name.