BTC Sent - No XCP Recieved

Hi all,

I sent about 0.01+ BTC to a counterparty address so that I could buy some XCP. I placed an order on the dex and it shows 0.0107xxx BTC pay transaction (via Free Wallet) done and sent, but there was no XCP that was sent to me.

I figured out that I could sent BTC directly to a dispenser and get XCP and I tried that with a left over BTC and I could buy 1 XCP from there. Question is how do I get my 0.01 BTC back?

This is my address

183fL3cTmcJQGbHYugF4AfZUmAKEuWi9a8

Here is hoping someone can help me.

Note that there was no match for the BTC pay BUY order that I had placed.

Here is the transaction on xchain

https://xchain.io/tx/7cf0ba67c8bc629d5f1299e0f994f4c07caea0ecdbe7d7977e4e44f3805f414c

Looks like the BTCPay sent the 0.01 BTC to the previous order which had already expired at the address 1Ckb2hB7WbxZfr9erwFkqYEMRCgP8Z3cJ5 which you can see in the 2nd screenshot.

This sucks. on top of losing funds you didn’t get a response here (2 years! sorry I missed it).

Unfortunately, there is risk of total loss of funds for the buyer. In this case, the sale may have went to another buyer who submitted just prior. Or, the seller waited to see the tx onchain and then closed the dispenser prior to completion.

There is no recourse for the buyer.

This is a known problem and there are conversations about how to resolve it.

Dispensers were only intended for trusted transactions where the buyer knows the seller or trusts the seller as part of the community. Dispensers were also intended for small amounts of value.

If you need to buy from a dispenser paying a high tx fee might help to prevent a frontrun by another buyer or a malicious seller closing the dispenser.