BTC Dividend issuance doesn't register as a Counterparty transaction

I issued a dividend to GIGAHASH via counterpartyd:

counterpartyd dividend --source 1Ct4iLT6T9CQa184EU2xaWwMZySV7AypBj --quantity "0.00024606" --asset "GIGAHASH" --dividend-asset "BTC"

The dividend was paid correctly.

Should the dividend payment be registered as a Counterparty transaction similarly to a btc pay? I realise that it would need to be 2 separate transactions though: 1 for the BTC transaction and 1 for the dividend payment. Otherwise there is no record of the dividend payment in Counterparty for the BTC payment.

No according to the documentation btcpay and btc dividend payments do not register as counterparty transactions.

They just sent btc from one btc address to another.

[quote author=Global_trade_repo link=topic=259.msg1947#msg1947 date=1397621720]
I issued a dividend to GIGAHASH via counterpartyd:

counterpartyd dividend --source 1Ct4iLT6T9CQa184EU2xaWwMZySV7AypBj --quantity “0.00024606” --asset “GIGAHASH” --dividend-asset "BTC"

The dividend was paid correctly.
[/quote]

Congrats on making the first dividend using BTC via Counterparty!

:o So glad it works with one simple command .  I think how it works should be okay.
For records in Counterparty we could issue dividends with XBTC or other assets that could be redeemed for BTC.  It’s likely even more scalable than direct BTC dividends.

One advantage of not issuing dividends with BTC/XCP is that it lowers the immediate cost for the payer.  Not only that, we could run into cases where shareholders lost their private keys.  So those dividends paid with BTC/XCP could be lost forever just like those CAKE dividends that I’ve tried.

For example, if CAKE is such a valuable asset that it would cost 100 BTC to make the tenth dividend, then I could issue dividends using a new CAKETENDIV.  Then buy back CAKETENDIV using 100 BTC.  If the 20th dividend costs 200 BTC, I’d do the same with a different CAKETWENTY, etc…