Android App - Counterparty Asset Monitor

I am developing an Android App for monitoring Counterparty Asset balances.

The application allows multiple Counterparty Addresses to be monitored, generating a notification when there is a change in balance. Addresses can be entered via scanned QR Codes or the keyboard (although they are not currently verified). Once an address is entered it's assets are periodically updated from Blockscan.com, the update period specified in the settings (default 1 hour).

Other settings are:

WiFi Only Updates - To reduce data charges.
Play Notification - Play sound when the balance of an asset changes.
Hide Zero Balances - Hide Assets with a balance of Zero.

I started developing this to monitor LTBCoin with help from the members of the Let's Talk Bitcoin Forum.  The original app was called LTBCoin Asset Monitor.  Once I started developing this it quickly became obvious that it should also display other assets. In both apps, LTBCoin is unique in the fact that it's value in BTC is also displayed. The value is received from Melotic.

Unfortunately to achieve the modern Android look I have had to use a library which only supports from Android 4.1 but the original LTBCoin monitor is still available for the time being.

The app can be easily found by searching for Counterparty or from the following address:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.lostdroids.counterpartyassetmonitor&hl=en_GB

Very cool! I tried it out and it crashes for me on startup, however. :-/ (I'm running a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4, and I sent a crash report to Google.)

[quote author=PhantomPhreak link=topic=484.msg2996#msg2996 date=1407366911]
Very cool! I tried it out and it crashes for me on startup, however. :-/ (I'm running a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4, and I sent a crash report to Google.)
[/quote]

That's very odd, I developed it on a Nexus 5 with 4.4.4.  I'll take a look.

Sorry, I made a bad build and didn't beta test before publishing.  You should be able to get version 0.02 now which fixes the problem.

I can confirm that the 0.02 build works fine as far as I have been able to tell. I am using it to track 12 tokens on 4 different bit addresses that I have in my cp wallet.

+1 for not requiring any extra permissions!

Is there any way to enter an asset by name? Also, being able to hide some assets I don't care about or only show ones issued by the entered addresses would cool.

Sorry, I've been away and only just got back to this:

>Is there any way to enter an asset by name?

I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you mean search for an particular asset name within all your assets?

> Also, being able to hide some assets I don't care about or only show ones issued by the entered addresses would cool.

A few people have asked for this so I will look at this when I have time.

Thanks,

J

[quote author=lostdroid link=topic=484.msg3063#msg3063 date=1408308178]
>Is there any way to enter an asset by name?

I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you mean search for an particular asset name within all your assets?
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what I meant but I thought the app might be able to display information about an asset like total issued, if it's locked, issuing address (with link to blockscan.com), and even show recent transactions involving that asset as well as holder addresses. At this point it's more oriented toward monitoring a particular address than an asset. Does the app query blockscan.com or are you running your own query service?

I see what you mean now, I hadn't thought of that.  Yes, I do use blockscan.com but unfortunately I don't think this information is available via the API at present.

[quote author=lostdroid link=topic=484.msg3078#msg3078 date=1408480244]
I see what you mean now, I hadn't thought of that.  Yes, I do use blockscan.com but unfortunately I don't think this information is available via the API at present.
[/quote]

What do you need from the blockscan api? Always open to suggestions

[quote author=mtbitcoin link=topic=484.msg3246#msg3246 date=1409475297]
[quote author=lostdroid link=topic=484.msg3078#msg3078 date=1408480244]
[/quote]

What do you need from the blockscan api? Always open to suggestions
[/quote]

Averaged 24h price data, last price, last trades… orderbook, volume. Which could be used to construct a page like coinmarketcap.com within blockscan (asset market cap).

Also a list of broadcasts :slight_smile:

[quote author=deliciousowl link=topic=484.msg3255#msg3255 date=1409559606]
Averaged 24h price data, last price, last trades… orderbook, volume. Which could be used to construct a page like coinmarketcap.com within blockscan (asset market cap).

[/quote]

Ouch  ;D

I understand that the counterparty devs are already building their own "blockparty" ?? If most of the low level APIs will already be available from blockparty then I would like focus more on the higher level stuff for now.

[quote author=mtbitcoin link=topic=484.msg3256#msg3256 date=1409577248]

[/quote]

Ouch  ;D

I understand that the counterparty devs are already building their own "blockparty" ?? If most of the low level APIs will already be available from blockparty then I would like focus more on the higher level stuff for now.
[/quote]
Right now the Android App, lets you put in an address and look at some basic info about the assets held by that address. When I commented before, I was actually just looking to be able to view if an asset is locked, callable, divisible, how many were issued, and perhaps how many were distributed regardless of if I had some in one of my addresses.

It's the difference between monitoring a few special addresses and being able to lookup info about specific assets.

[quote author=weex link=topic=484.msg3261#msg3261 date=1409621846]
[quote author=mtbitcoin link=topic=484.msg3256#msg3256 date=1409577248]

[/quote]

Ouch  ;D

[/quote]
Right now the Android App, lets you put in an address and look at some basic info about the assets held by that address. When I commented before, I was actually just looking to be able to view if an asset is locked, callable, divisible, how many were issued, and perhaps how many were distributed regardless of if I had some in one of my addresses.

It's the difference between monitoring a few special addresses and being able to lookup info about specific assets.
[/quote]

I have actually added an api that allows you to get a master list of all valid assets in the system together with with some basic info such as circulation, divisible, locked and owner.

http://blockscan.com/api.aspx

Ex: http://xcp.blockscan.com/api2.aspx?module=asset&action=list
Ex: http://xcp.blockscan.com/api2.aspx?module=asset&action=info&name=sjcx