Let's have some CAKE!

Everyone is invited to try some CAKE through Counterparty.  I’m offering 25000 CAKE for 25 XCP.

Once we have CAKE in a dozen or so addresses, I will attempt to issue a dividend of a least 0.001XCP/CAKE.

Anyone who tries this test should be getting the same XCP back…and some cakes.

EDIT: Get 100 CAKE from the XCP faucet http://xcp.bfolder.com

Current Counterparty dividend game ending at block 300000:
[quote author=GLaDOS link=topic=118.msg1835#msg1835 date=1397080791]
I was thinking of another XCP dividend.

But since we’re approaching block# 300000, let’s have a Counterparty game!  Instead of making the next CAKE dividend, I will give out XCP for a “Proof of Dividend” game with Counterparty.  Here’s how it works:

From blocks 295000 to 300000, the top four highest CAKE dividend payments in XCP will receive the following prizes sent to the payer’s address:
                        ***** 50 XCP to highest dividend payer

** 10 XCP to the 2nd highest payer

*** 15 XCP to the 3rd highest payer

**** 20 XCP for 4th highest payer

From blocks 295000 to 300500, the address making the 5th highest CAKE dividend in XCP will receive the following prize:

***** 55 XCP to the 5th highest payer

Up to 100 XCP Faucet Prize Bonus
If we have more than five dividends, then the three faucet addresses at http://xcp.bfolder.com will receive XCP to match the 6th, 7th, and 8th highest dividends paid from blocks 295000 to 300500.  This total faucet prize is limited to 100 XCP.

Note that the prizes are a little mixed up.  Also note that 5th place includes up to 500 more blocks.

Here are some rules:
1.  Each dividend payment is considered separately according to Counterparty.  For example, during the game period multiple dividends from the same address will not be added up.  This means that if one address issued all five dividends, then it could claim all five prizes instead of just the highest prize.

2.  For dividends with the same amount paid, the one that took place earlier is considered as having the higher amount.

3.  Rules can change before the first dividends during the game period.  Or if we run into unknown problems.

Edit: Reduced 1st - 5th prizes by 50%
[/quote]

Indeed, let’s celebrate with some cake to test this

I’ll get a slice tonight  ;D

As a test, I was able to pay the 1st CAKE dividend from my other source address that was not the CAKE asset owner.  Way too cool!

Confirmed that 50XCP was removed from the source and paid almost correctly.  The dividend did not account for the CAKE not listed in my wallet since they’re still listed on the market.  So 24XCP went missing?

Also, can someone please check that the recent bug does not allow dividends from sources without the private keys?

There was only one other shareholder to enjoy the slice of delicious CAKE!

Don’t forget to get some CAKE after your reindexing is completed.  Once we have more shareholders I will attempt to pay the 0.001XCP/CAKE dividend.

I got my CAKE, I saw that another one has bought some.

Come join the party ! :wink:

Finally completed rebuilding database!  And we have another CAKE dividend of 0.0012014 today.

I put 44000 CAKE back on the market.  There will be a dividend of at least 0.001XCP/CAKE at the end :slight_smile:

One thing that came to mind is that if a shareholder lost control of the asset  (e.g. lost private key), then all future dividends could go into a black hole for those shares.

Anyone got any idea on what should be done if shareholders lost access to their shares?

Perhaps dividend redemption should require signing with the private key?

[quote author=GLaDOS link=topic=118.msg956#msg956 date=1393656298]
Finally completed rebuilding database!  And we have another CAKE dividend of 0.0012014 today.

I put 44000 CAKE back on the market.  There will be a dividend of at least 0.001XCP/CAKE at the end :slight_smile:

One thing that came to mind is that if a shareholder lost control of the asset  (e.g. lost private key), then all future dividends could go into a black hole for those shares.

Anyone got any idea on what should be done if shareholders lost access to their shares?
[/quote]

Ho great ! It means that my ROI has been reached

Wondering about the new shares put on market… [font=verdana] Are you running some sort of cake pyramid scheme ? A portal-ponzi ?[/font] :o

[quote author=Zangelbert Bingledack link=topic=118.msg959#msg959 date=1393664917]
Perhaps dividend redemption should require signing with the private key?
[/quote]

Good idea.  Adding an long expiration to the dividend could solve the lost dividends that cannot be redeemed.

[quote author=NotSure link=topic=118.msg960#msg960 date=1393689918]

Wondering about the new shares put on market… [font=verdana] Are you running some sort of cake pyramid scheme ? A portal-ponzi ?[/font] :o
[/quote]

Haha, there is no scheme.  Just some protocol tests…I hope to provide a safe and rewarding asset for everyone to try.

We still need many more shareholders.

Good news.  I have a surprise for the CAKE shareholders.  But first we need more shareholders.

The next CAKE dividend will be 0.001XCP/CAKE + a special bonus of 1% * (total number of shareholders)!

Okay. That was supposed to be the surprise to celebrate at the end.  Now it’s just a spoiler.

I have some CAKE for anyone who still cannot buy it from the exchange.  Just post/PM me your address.

[quote author=GLaDOS link=topic=118.msg1118#msg1118 date=1394093624]
Good news.  I have a surprise for the CAKE shareholders.  But first we need more shareholders.

The next CAKE dividend will be 0.001XCP/CAKE + a special bonus of 1% * (total number of shareholders)!

Okay. That was supposed to be the surprise to celebrate at the end.  Now it’s just a spoiler.

I have some CAKE for anyone who still cannot buy it from the exchange.  Just post/PM me your address.
[/quote]

This is an excellent project. I will order some CAKE!

The CAKE dividend is up to at least 0.0016 XCP/CAKE now thanks to romerun’s trustless XCP faucet.

I will pay the dividend on 03/31/2014.

Meanwhile, I will think of something a little fun for the shareholders :slight_smile:

wow thanks!!

Dividend of 0.00167 XCP/CAKE went out smoothly today.

I also have an idea for the next dividend.

I was thinking of another XCP dividend.

But since we’re approaching block# 300000, let’s have a Counterparty game!  Instead of making the next CAKE dividend, I will give out XCP for a “Proof of Dividend” game with Counterparty.  Here’s how it works:

From blocks 295000 to 300000, the top four highest CAKE dividend payments in XCP will receive the following prizes sent to the payer’s address:
                        ***** 50 XCP to highest dividend payer

** 10 XCP to the 2nd highest payer

*** 15 XCP to the 3rd highest payer

**** 20 XCP for 4th highest payer

From blocks 295000 to 300500, the address making the 5th highest CAKE dividend in XCP will receive the following prize:

***** 55 XCP to the 5th highest payer

Up to 100 XCP Faucet Prize Bonus
If we have more than five dividends, then the three faucet addresses at http://xcp.bfolder.com will receive XCP to match the 6th, 7th, and 8th highest dividends paid from blocks 295000 to 300500.  This total faucet prize is limited to 100 XCP.

Note that the prizes are a little mixed up.  Also note that 5th place includes up to 500 more blocks.

Here are some rules:
1.  Each dividend payment is considered separately according to Counterparty.  For example, during the game period multiple dividends from the same address will not be added up.  This means that if one address issued all five dividends, then it could claim all five prizes instead of just the highest prize.

2.  For dividends with the same amount paid, the one that took place earlier is considered as having the higher amount.

3.  Rules can change before the first dividends during the game period.  Or if we run into unknown problems.

Edit: Reduced 1st - 5th prizes by 50%

[quote author=GLaDOS link=topic=118.msg1118#msg1118 date=1394093624]

[/quote]

I tried to buy some in counterwallet but nobody is selling! I’ll pay you back once the wallet starts working again.

1BGSqmCnkdyB7W2T15rSBS4qXBdY3LZn1t

I reduced 1st to 5th prizes by 50%. 

I am interested in buying large quantities of CAKE.

I have created orders in the DEX, and I will look out for other offers.

I am interested in trading either XCP or MEAT for it.