I nominate myself
When myself and James discovered Counterparty and started FoldingCoin back in July 2014, we really just had plans of creating FLDC as a fun way to incentivize miners to start using their mining equipment towards something more beneficial to mankind. Since our community has grown and the response from the project has been well received, I decided to go full time in the crypto world this past January with the goals of bringing FoldingCoin Inc to new levels. I am now the full time director of FoldingCoin Inc.
Since going full time, we learned quickly that since we are going in the non profit direction with our project, that more than just working on FoldingCoin is important for the community. Since many of our members are new to either crypto or Counterparty, donors have come to us looking for guidance and answers to questions. I spend a good amount of my day explaining to folks the ideas and benefits of Counterparty. So far, the FoldingCoin project has accomplished the following benefiting the Counterparty community:
- FLDC is the second most transacted asset on the Counterparty protocol
- We have successfully converted 2 traditional Altcoins over to the Counterparty protocol instead of keeping their existing blockchains, OCTO and POWC
- We have developed a way for Counterparty tokens to be distributed either promotionally or for a duration of time on our Merged Folding platform: BITCRYSTALS, FDCARD, SCOTCOIN, OCTO, POWC, and FLDC and will assist in helping Altcoins hold burns to transfer their coins to the Counterparty protocol
- We have developed a voting system in which participants to the FoldingCoin project can vote on major upcoming implementations to the project and we will help any Counterparty project along the way looking to do a similar process. Votes can also be viewed on Blockscan
- We had a 3.5 hour interview on DogedCoinRadio mostly explaining Counterparty and we have setup another radio show with an entire panel of CounterParty leaders to appear on the same show March 27th at 10pm EDT (mark your calendars)
- We have a complete document going over the advantages and disadvantages of Counterparty tokens vs. traditionally mined Altcoins
- FoldingCoin is looking to create an Ebay style Marketplace for Counterparty tokens VISUAL DIAGRAM, DETAILED BREAKDOWN
All of our success has been the combined effort of our team of 6 dedicated volunteers in which all of us are knowledgable and willing to help any new comers to the Counterparty space.
Once again, the above mentioned are some things FoldingCoin as a team has done. Here is what I will bring to the table for the Counterparty project (though many of the following tasks I will still receive a great amount of help from the FoldingCoin team):
- Will creating more Counterparty tutorials on how to use the Counterwallet and future desktop wallet releasing new videos 1-2 times weekly and will setup a google docs form to take requests on tutorial videos needed
- I will start a Counterparty based Google Hangout and take live Q&As towards the end of the show. After the show, I will turn it into an audio podcast for future listening and post the Google Hangout on the FoldingCoin YouTube
- I am now an organizer setting up 2 Indianapolis Meetups to help bring Bitcoin and Counterparty awareness to local businesses and Nonprofits and will be speaking regularly about Counterparty to the members. http://www.meetup.com/IndyBitcoin/ and http://www.meetup.com/Hacking-Diseases/
I am extremely responsive on all forums, emails, and other forms of media that I am involved in, and this would still hold true if I am to become a Community Director. All of my contact information is readily available http://foldingcoin.net/fldc-dev-team/#rross and will be available for any newcomers to the Counterparty space on guidance, setup, explanation, etc… and would love to be the person newcomers come to for advice. I hope you select me to help spread awareness and answer questions to this wonderful project, thanks for reading.
BTC Address: 16muW9htJAYrrXrKN8BwWTmT6cgXscXDzJ Blockchain or Blockscan
TX of the Transaction: