[ANN] Start of the Counterparty Foundation 2019 Election - Nomination Period (Jun 10th - July 1st)

I’ve changed my mind and no longer wish to run. Please don’t vote for me. I’m sorry.

4 Likes

Theodore Duncan Krostue is an artist and technology aficionado from Michigan who has recently travelled to NYC, Tokyo, San Francisco, and Switzerland to meet with other cryptoartists in real life.

As a direct result of being empowered by publishing in someone else’s system (RarePepe), this independent artist felt compelled to forge a collection of his own which is not as exclusive in theme but aims to reflect best practices in greater ideologies of decentralization and consensus. Distilling his experience as a webdesigner (starting in '97 at an advertising agency, then an ISP, and independently since 2001), a retailer at a record shop, a pre-pressman at a print shop, a technician installing wireless internet (on cell phone towers and country homes) , and as an artist who pirated music and shared it as an art form; this outlier has gained a wide variety of relevant industry perspective. Self-publication of his own and other’s art/music and local booking/performing of events consumed his non-business life. This combined with a passion for social informatics and p2p technology for over two decades has granted him unique insight as an outlier.

Contrary to being a try-hard, yes-man or tough-guy, this critic takes a look at things with a keen perspective and balanced approach. Finesse and customer service is a strong point as an agent this actor takes on a polite and agreeable demeanor for customers and clients. However, this person will not hesitate to play devil’s advocate if an issue needs to be hashed out or resolved behind closed doors. Honesty is such a focus of this individual that if you allow him to overshare he will tell you that he understands his weakness, like not thinking linearly, and makes strives to counteract them. He has been a student of Informatics at IUSB and of Marketing at WGU but took a break from academia to live on the cutting edge of multimedia tokenized with blockchains.

Growing from the understanding for the root word of token being “to teach,” this telegram user assists artists all over the globe to participate in other various CounterParty based cryptoart projects. After being selected by EverdreamSoft to curate the Memorychain and OasisMining collections in Book of Orbs, he began with updating the two whitepapers into one solid plan, drawing an action plan together. This project has since been rebranded and is nearing relaunch. After selling a tokenized print of an illustrated parody on stage at the actual first auction of visual art made for the blockchain at RareAF, he became inspired to found artMuseum.io, to be the world’s first decentralized open-submission museum of cryptoart for any blockchain.

He recently composed a treatise on cryptoart and will be presenting the topic as a lightning talk at dwebcamp.org next month. During the two years of CounterParty experience, this superuser has been keeping dutiful tabs on development. He looks forward to drafting several CIPs in the near future, as he not only sees where XCP is going but where it should be headed. He recently reported a bug on the protocol and looks forward to the opportunity to improve the system as a whole in ways that have not been mentioned publicly due to the highly predatory nature of this industry.

As a commentator of spiritual issues of identity in regards to modes of creative expression, this author self identifies as a blockchain theologian. He also values CounterParty technology over any other blockchain project and already identifies as an XCP advocate. Throughout his six-plus years of blockchain immersion and two decades of p2p exploration, his ultimate inspiration is Pre-Columbian use of cultural artefacts representing bits of social contracts as a pathway for greater understanding of the essence of modern-day virtual wampum.

• Bitcoin address: 1CQ8iuxrkf4DWsFttDtwyRbrJT8U4R212E
  • Tx 1452777 is the broadcast used to verify the ownership of 50 XCP
  • Thanks RarePepeNews for the nomination, Nathan for his continued support and PepeHawking for his dedication. To all other community members that I have chatted with or met in real life: the pleasure has been mine. thanks :smiley:
2 Likes

Yes, apologies, I was unable to submit this nomination earlier.

I, Bradley C Hughes, of Sydney, NSW, Australia, known on Telegram as HowToBuyTokens and RarePepeNewsdotcom wish to formally nominate T. Duncan Krostue aka @Wampum as a candidate for the 2019 Counterparty Forum Elections.

I acknowledge and commend Duncan @wampum as an energised, passionate, consistent and committed community participant, who is dedicating every effort to supporting the development of digital art projects on Counterparty, as well as other community initiatives.

I believe that not only must the Counterparty Foundation have excellent technologists on its Board, it is also vital we have a strong, articulate voice willing to represent the interests of asset issuers and asset holders in the artistic communities that have sprung up around Counterparty.

I believe Duncan to be such an advocate and I commend him to all community members.

sincerely,

Bradley C Hughes / howtobuytokens / rarepepenewsdotcom

3 Likes

The candidate nomination period has now expired.