Xchain pending/unconfirmed transaction question

@jdogresorg

How does the “unconfirmed” section work?

I haven’t seen any of my own pending transactions listed here. It hasn’t been an issue since one could point to a bitcoin block explorer to show a pending transaction. However, with the latest update and “no dust”, there isn’t a simple way to reassure someone that their transaction is on its way (no address receiving the dust to prove that the transaction is to them).

The “unconfirmed” section just shows any transactions that are in the mempool that the xchain node is aware of.

If a transaction is broadcast and yet not relayed to the xchain node yet, it will not show.
If a transaction pays a really low transaction fee, the transaction can sometimes not show up in the “unconfirmed” section.

When you do anything on the bitcoin network, you get a transaction hash which you can use to track the transaction.
You can take this transaction hash to ANY bitcoin block explorer to see the transaction details
You SHOULD be able to see most pending CP transactions in the “unconfirmed section”
you WILL be able to see the transaction CP transaction details on xchain.io once the transaction is confirmed in a block.

TL;DR… Sometimes transactions don’t show up in unconfirmed on xchain… no biggie, your still able to see the transaction in other block explorers while it is pending, and once it gets into a block, it will for 100% sure show up on xchain.io :slight_smile:

1 Like

Almost forgot… you should be able to just paste your bitcoin transaction into xchain.io… if it is recognized, you’ll see the CP details, if it is not recognized, you’ll get a button to click to check for the transaction on blocktrail.

1 Like

Cool, will try the pasting of transaction into xchain.io next time.

Appreciate the explanation and swift reply. I can point to this thread if the question is raised.

1 Like

@jdogresorg

I made a dividend payment yesterday and saw it in the unconfirmed section, however, it isn’t there looking at it now. What’s the dealio?

There aren’t any issues as it’s currently pending and nobody is expecting the dividend anyway. Just wondering why it showed up yesterday and not today?

Your transaction disappeared from the “unconfirmed” section of xchain because Counterparty was restarted which flushes out the local mempool. Your transaction is still pending, it just hasn’t been re-relayed to xchain’s counterparty node yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like