[ANN] Start of the Counterparty Foundation 2017 Election - Nomination Period (Apr 3rd - Apr 17th)

Announcing the Start of the Counterparty Foundation 2017 Election - Nomination Period (Apr 3rd - Apr 17th)

The Counterparty Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the Counterparty protocol and its products, educating the community on the Counterparty technology, driving global Counterparty awareness, and ensuring Counterparty remains a successful and growing financial platform.

The Foundation is governed by five directors, one Founding Director, Robby Dermody, and four Community Directors.

On May 1st last year, the Counterparty community elected four Counterparty Foundation community directors to help shape the direction of the Counterparty project and grow the community around it. Candidates with most votes from the community were Matt Young, Jeremy Johnson (J-Dog), Koji Higashi and Trevor Altpeter.

With the term of one year now coming to an end, the Foundation is preparing for new elections and invites everyone to participate by nominating candidates to fill four (4) Community Director seats.

Today, we’re happy to announce the start of the Counterparty Foundation Community Directors 2017 election.

For the next two weeks, from April 3rd till April 17th, we are inviting everyone to participate in the election process by nominating candidates to fill four Community Director seats. The only requirement for the nomination is that the candidate hold at least 50 XCP and prove this by broadcasting a message from his or her address with the name of the nominee.

Please note that the sitting board of directors, by a super-majority vote, may disqualify non-viable candidates from election (as per https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/Documentation/pull/66).

This will be the official election thread used to gather the names and addresses of qualifying candidates.

If you would like to nominate yourself or another candidate, please reply to this thread with the following candidate information:

• First and Last name
  • Bio
  • Picture
  • Bitcoin address (must have at least 50 XCP)
  • Tx of the broadcast used to verify the ownership of 50 XCP

On April 17th, Names and addresses of all candidates will be published on a public Blockscan voting scoreboard.

After the two week long voting period, at the voting closing block, top four addresses that receive the highest number of votes will be announced as winners, and their owners receive Community Director positions for the term of one year.

We’re looking forward to your candidacy and hope this election will be a fair, successful and transparent process of selecting the best candidates to fill these key positions.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

I hereby nominate Shawn Leary, Joe Looney, John Villar, and Michael Sullivan as candidates for the 4 community director seats.

Each of these gentlemen have been involved with Counterparty for a long time, and have demonstrated a level of commitment and integrity that I believe Counterparty needs.

Should any of these candidates accept the nomination, they can expect to receive election votes from myself and others.

Hello,

It is true, I am a fellow longtimer. Thanks to some encouragement to fill the void, I will toss myself in the mix and would be happy to assist the Counterparty Foundation for the next important year.

Full Name:

Michael Sullivan

Bio:

I work at a blockchain related startup in NY doing DevOps and Product Development.
Also been working on a cryptocurrency project called COVAL which we just finished migrating to Counterparty last week.

More info on Linkedin

http://linkedin.com/in/michaelsull

Feel free to contact me with questions.

Thanks,

Sull

23c4474bbce2e317824899e6deca088ef9ddd84bfbb96451a8b9db62b6474a2a

transaction details

3 Likes

Hi,

I am happy to accept the nomination and if elected, I will look forward to working hard for the community.

Name:

Shawn Leary

Bio:

I am a registered radiographer for the last twenty two years, and have been working in the medical device industry for the last ten. Currently I am employed as a regional trainer for a Fortune 500 medical device company. For the past year I have managed the Counterparty facebook page, helping boost it past 3,000 ‘Likes’ (please ‘Like’ when you get a chance.) I am also a founding member of the Rare Pepe Foundation which helps verify both the ‘dankness’ and ‘rareness’ of submitted trading cards into the directory.

Prior to coming to Counterparty I worked on the New Economy Movement project doing community building, marketing and tutorial voice-overs.

LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnleary/

Please reach out anytime on here, the slack or on Telegram @ShawnLeary.

Thank-you,
Shawn

https://counterpartychain.io/transaction/f0b397d83354ce03a2ad6f29a80ee9d0a511dc4b636ae8567bcc8b63e27145e4

2 Likes

I’m in! :slight_smile:

• First and Last name: John Villar
  • Bio: Been developing software since i have memory, my first paid gig was when i was 12 y/o. Been in cryptocurrencies since 2011 (on and off) and the lead developer of Rarepepe.party. Living in CCS/VE and proudly employing people to create crypto-awesomeness.
  • (Just shaved for this one, don’t want to get my beard ashamed by michael’s).
  • Bitcoin address: 1FDARDRQRQy1HrRe3nArLXx6FmTxGsd4pY
  • Tx of the broadcast used to verify the ownership of 50 XCP: b3396a35941ee8f1a8708aa9670d8a319e3cce86a5333601a14ea2efdd3829d3
3 Likes

Name: Trevor Altpeter

Bio: I served on the Counterparty Foundation during the 2016 term. I often write updates about the Counterparty ecosystem and perform other forms of outreach to grow the Counterparty community. Counterparty has made significant progress over the past year and if elected I intend to carry that momentum forward with the new board members.

Bitcoin address: 17TBhTJT5kroVkRTCiSpAzZWyZ4fiiyrJt

Tx of the broadcast used to verify the ownership of 50 XCP: 8882f5210628e0f1439962fe46f968c1e92e4294691b0610c79133cb67d608c4

Hello,

I am JP Janssen, known as JPJA on the forums and Slack.

I’ve been active in the community since the very beginning, and my project CounterTools won the 1st prize in the 2016 Devparty contest.

I hope more features will be added to Counterparty. I currently try to get community support for an Automated Randomness Oracle for XCP Betting but many other features can, and should, be added to the protocol.

I encourage the community to come up with ideas, discuss them thoroughly, formalize CIPs (Counterparty Improvement Proposals) and eventually raise development bounties.

Broadcast: https://counterpartychain.io/address/1K2eXP3wsX4W5HjnkNKsqX1fgRPhFA5RNv

1 Like

My name is Dante DeAngelis

Bio:

I have an extensive background in just about all aspects of Internet technologies since 1995.
That’s the same year I became involved with domain names.

As an early and long time “Domainer” I am close to that community and have been actively educating them about Counterparty assets since 2014.

My Counterparty asset portfolio is a pretty respectable one and I see great opportunities for the platform and the potential uses for assets. I have been an enthusiastic proponent of sub-assets since early 2014 and I have spoken to many fellow domain investors who are equally excited about it.

When I stumbled upon Bitcoin in 2011, it quickly became a passion and I ‘went deep’ shortly thereafter.
Since early 2014 I have been co-organizing a weekly Bitcoin Meetup in South Florida. I’ve attended numerous Bitcoin conferences since 2014 including the Counterparty Meetup we had at TNABC this past January.

This coming year is an important one for the Counterparty project and I’m optimistic about the advances that can be made.

LinkedIn address: Dante DeAngelis - Univox Internet | LinkedIn

Hit me up on slack if you’d like: dante

Bitcoin address: 14oQsD5QyM9WxGhsqqwjHJkZmvmNP8F7w4

Tx of the broadcast used to verify the ownership of 50 XCP:
e5f3fe13ddbe3e1fb95af75606a2db6cbc7e35c44a7d00a57c0fa511feac9e84

or click:
https://counterpartychain.io/transaction/e5f3fe13ddbe3e1fb95af75606a2db6cbc7e35c44a7d00a57c0fa511feac9e84

1 Like

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.